[video]PSP ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Much more practical to run the os natively on the system, and then have the applications run on top of bochs, that way the OS isn't bogging down the emulator and systems calls along with a browser can run natively while saving support for win32 apps to run on the emulator side.
manatails007

re

Post by manatails007 »

I'll upload the program when It get some more features
(mp3, homebrew shell)
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

If you can add a eboot loader to the application you would have something usefull
cppm

Post by cppm »

linuxgx wrote:Much more practical to run the os natively on the system, and then have the applications run on top of bochs, that way the OS isn't bogging down the emulator and systems calls along with a browser can run natively while saving support for win32 apps to run on the emulator side.
I haven't heard of Bochs being able to do per-application emulation, but AFAIK Qemu can (linux only though).
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

We do have the the source code for bochs, it really wouldn't be much problem to make a wine wrapper to run inside of it.
cppm

Post by cppm »

It would be an interesting direction for ReactOS to take - porting to other architectures and then using an application invisible emulation layer from bochs or qemu source to run those ubiqutous IA-32 apps. (No this doesn't mean Halo on the PSP... :P but older games and apps, possibleh, and then there's the PS3! *licks lips*)

I'm pretty sure that it's been done, on Linux and NT. (Hell there's the NTVDM) however right now ROS is just managing to run some apps correctly on intel chips! So we shouldn't exactly expect any real developer commitment.

On the other hand, i thought i heard a while back (when i first visited this site, in one of the newsletters) that a dev was working on such a translation layer. But i haven't heard anything since...
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Seems some what logical, and would solve a few issues. But i wouldn't make it a major focus of the project.

PPC CPU's are on the way out, and There is a new x64 cpu for cell phones that where just developed by Intel.