ReactOS name and logo

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GoBusto

ReactOS name and logo

Post by GoBusto »

I've been following the ReactOS project for about a year now, lurking the forums, downloading SVN builds and whatnot, and I've finally decided to actually create an account. So, um, hello.

There's something that I've been wondering for a while: I know that ReactOS is Open Source and GPL, which means that the source code essentially belongs to The Community and can be used by anyone, but what about the ReactOS name and logo itself? Presumably, The Community is free to use them in the same way that they can use the source code. That is, unless the devs decide to do the same thing as Mozilla did with Firefox and keep the name and logo for Official Purposes Only™.

Personally, I'm not bothered one way or the other. It's just something I'm curious about.

Anyway, a big "congratulations" on ReactOS 0.3.4 - it may not be a perfect OS yet, but it certainly shows that ReactOS has potential.

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The ROS Foundation owns the copyrights to the ReactOS name and logo, so we can limit who uses them and how they are used.