Virtual Gameboy Works On Reactos 0.3.4 - YAY!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

betaluva

Virtual Gameboy Works On Reactos 0.3.4 - YAY!

Post by betaluva »

i just tried virtual game boy and it worked! if you want to try it your self then heres a link, i included pitfall so you dont have to go looking for a rom, please delete the rom once you have tried virtual gameboy: *removed* or watch my video of virtual gameboy running in reactos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo1xbYwkl4
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Re: Virtual Gameboy Works On Reactos 0.3.4 - YAY!

Post by gabrielilardi »

You've just published copyrighted material, that's something against the project's policies, please remove it.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I think this ROM is old enough to be seen as AbandonWare. You can keep it until another Dev says something else.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

EmuandCo wrote:I think this ROM is old enough to be seen as AbandonWare. You can keep it until another Dev says something else.
http://www.gameboy-advance-roms.com/faq.htm

"Are ROMS illegal?

Commercial roms - YES - downloading / sharing / distributing etc IS indeed ILLEGAL."

Distributing copyrighted software even when it's old, it's illegal, unless you've been explicitly given the permission to do so by the copyright owner. You should be aware of that EmuandCo, that's like saying because Windows 98 is old you can publish its iso so everyone can download it.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Nope, it still is not abandonware. The link should be removed. Besides, it isn't that difficult to google for a gameboy rom. ;)
psyco001

Post by psyco001 »

yeah thats correct but if you want a legal rom look for a hombrew app/game for Game-Boy-Advance to test VBA
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I would support Abandonware status. There are many sites that publish games, considered as Abandonware. They even cooperate with BSA to remove those games considered not Abandonware, so the rest, IMO can be treated as legal.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Some gameboy rom are free and other is illage
but show it runs in reactos with screen shoot or video is okay

have links to rom are not wellcome here
for legal reason
Colin Finck
Developer

Post by Colin Finck »

I'm also against declaring anything as "abandonware" here, because there's no legal basis for this. For example in Germany, the copyright only expires 70 years after the decease of the author and this is obviously not the case here.
Another example: Software like MS Visual Basic 6.0 is also titled "abandonware" on some websites, but you'll be obviously sued if you offer a free download of it now.

So please don't post links to such "abandonware" stuff anymore.

Anyway, nice that a GameBoy emulator works well under ReactOS now :)
Some months ago, I tried VisualBoyAdvance, but the native Win32 version didn't work and the SDL version ran too fast ^^.

Best regards,

Colin
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

i know it was copy righted material, thats why i stated "please delete the rom once you have tried virtual gameboy" to show that i only included it for testing purposes, anyways i apologize to all.
cppm

Post by cppm »

betaluva wrote:thats why i stated "please delete the rom once you have tried virtual gameboy" to show that i only included it for testing purposes
:roll: Such a statement, i feel, would be an unconvincing foil, legally and in real life...

Anyway, would i be right in saying that this shows that the reactos kernel is getting better timing? Or is it more likely the evolution of the win32 system?

Has anyone tried it in wine? :p

PS: sorry about the -quadruple- post, i blame the forum software. It now won't allow me to delete them... wierd
Last edited by cppm on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cppm

Post by cppm »

placeholder
Last edited by cppm on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cppm

Post by cppm »

placeholder
cppm

Post by cppm »

placeholder
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

there are screenshots of copyrighted materials on wikipedia - put there for "illustrational purporses". analogy here?