Please help me!!!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

horrify

Please help me!!!

Post by horrify »

I had a problem when installing ReactOS 0.4-svn on qemu and VMware. The problem came after the setup has copying all the files. The virtual computer did not responding and the blue screen turn to red screen..I made force shutdown and then when i restart the VM it say freeldr.sys not found....What i should do?? :( :(
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

One word: Retry :-P
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dreams

Post by dreams »

Yes, retry booting from the cd!
horrify

retry

Post by horrify »

retry 4 times succesful at last but after finishing the gui setup it crash....blue scree of the death...
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

1. If you compiled ROS yourself, get official ISO of latest revision.
1a. If official ISO works fine, try to clean your build and compile from scratch.
2. Try to run it on QEMU without/with KQEMU
3. Visit IRC channel and ask around if anyone has the same problem.
4. If so, then you have a bug, only then speak to devs or put it into bugzilla, if its not there already.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Hmm 1st stage crashes after / during importing hivesys.inf. R31054 in qemu without kqemu on windows.
digiboy

memory

Post by digiboy »

I've been having a lot of trouble installing too. I've noticed that it kept freezing right while copying shell32.dll (which is a big file) @ 54% complete and sometimes it would pass that but free memory would drop to 2%, and then soon after the next file the system would freeze (no red screens though - just freeze using 100% cpu).

I was using 32MB memory in the VM, tried to increase to 64 or 128 and now keep getting a red screen freeze at different files - seems random - tried many times - no luck.
Apal

Post by Apal »

I think the best solution for the time being is vmdk image file, vmware-mount utility and Virtual Box.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I cannot agree. It seems that there is a range of bugs in 1st stage setup. Those should be reported, so they can be fixed. Running vmdk image is not gonna help here.