I can help with visual GUI designer for ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Microsoft needs to open its OS to open source bug fixing. MS can maintain the copyright while still allowing for improvements in their OS. This would also solve their problems with the EU as all documentation would be open and code available.

Then they should publish it as a $50 retail OEM with only one Release Edition.

A new kernel build should be released yearly but maintain backwards compatibility using a visual Os similar to Apples Rosetta. Similar to what they actually plan on doing in fact.

30% of Vista installation are Pirated, and 40% of corporate keys are over used.

It's software that the moneys at, not the OS market.
- I'd make a deal with Apple to create a Win32 layer for OSX with royalties and crush the other PC companies.

Step one - Open Windows to a Degree.
Step two - Invest heavily in apple
Step three - Native Win32/64 Layer for OS-X with DX support
Step four - Take over apple
Step Five - Use Apple as a force for dominating the Mobil Device Market.
- incorporate an iPhone with a X86 or X64 CPU
- iPhone + Sync + Win32/64 mobile application = Blackberry Killer

Step Six - Slowly Acquire Private Shares in Google.
- Catching my drift?

With in ten years you would be the largest hardware and software companied in the world with a global market in searching as well. Linux would simply die off if Unix supported Native WinApps
mrhx

Post by mrhx »

Z98 wrote:Do you intend for your program to be a GUI builder for more than the win32 API? Or do you intend for it to also be able to generate code for, say, Qt or gtk?
My program potentially is able to generate the code almost for everything. It needs just the script for it. At the moment, all the scripts are win32api oriented. But there is an alpha version of Xlib generator. It's disabled yet because it generates the code for just parent windows without any content.

I'd like to make it cross-platform and also open-source, because I consider it's interesting program.

Today I've read about FLTK. Maybe there is a point to use it. It's cross-platform and pretty small.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Most likely not. Part of the Linux Standard Base is xcb xlib interfaces as well as gtk and qt interfaces.

Using anything outside that you have to ship you applications with the libs.

Linux Standard Base these days is covering most of the Unix's as well.

Apple has there own object c based interface language.

console is one thing that is common about all of them. Any chance your design could not be build a console based processor then process the operational interface to suit the targeted OS. Then build the interface?

Going QT based integration into kdevelop would have to be considered. Just like going pure win32 base integration into VS would have to be considered.
mrhx

Opensource VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

Post by mrhx »

Hi, all!
Now VISG is open under the GPLv3 license.
It's available for downloading at http://codege.org/
Pharaoh_Atem

Re: I can help with visual GUI designer for ReactOS

Post by Pharaoh_Atem »

As far as cross-platform toolkits go, Qt seems less quirky than wxWidgets, GTK+, or FLTK.

GTK+ is very annoying on Windows sometimes. The most annoying bug in GTK+ based applications is the weirdness in handling context menus.

FLTK doesn't integrate with Windows AT ALL. It literally doesn't match with the system environment.

Qt has some odd issues, like how menus have a bit too wide compared to native ones (which I personally like anyway), so it isn't totally blended. But it does a good job.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: I can help with visual GUI designer for ReactOS

Post by vicmarcal »

Pharaoh_Atem wrote: Qt has some odd issues, like how menus have a bit too wide compared to native ones (which I personally like anyway), so it isn't totally blended. But it does a good job.
Tell that to ReactOS.:) ReactOS loves QT apps. /ironic off