Packet Shaping

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rastilin

Packet Shaping

Post by rastilin » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:03 pm

I'm using an excellent program called cFosSpeed which among other things prioritizes acknowledgement packets to go before other uploads. This actually has an excellent effect on download speed when the upload is congested.

I was wonder if ReactOS would implement this into the network code at some future point? That or one of the developers could look into making the program (and it's associated network drivers) work with ReactOS. Don't ask me, I have no clue how.

e7

Post by e7 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:22 pm

Mmhh.... 29 €? This is nothing for ReactOS, and we have no sources....

arty
Developer

It will have to wait a bit but should work eventually

Post by arty » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:48 am

We don't have tdi.sys as it should be, which is probably needed by the shaper. Any info or help that can be given dislodging tdi.c from afd into tdi.sys in the correct form will go a long way, though.

Eventually, firewalls, shapers, vpn systems and extra protocols will work, as kernel support for them improves.

forart

Re: Packet Shaping

Post by forart » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm

UP!
  • obwman - A simple and efficient tool for traffic shaping.
  • NiceShaper - using HTB, gives the best possible bandwidth intake, but at the same time guarantees that all users, gets bandwidth necessary to confortable use of web and interactive services. NiceShaper take care of download when slower upload stops up.
  • VTun is the easiest way to create Virtual Tunnels over TCP/IP networks with traffic shaping, compression, and encryption. It supports IP, Ethernet, PPP and other tunnel types. VTun is easily and highly configurable. VPN, Mobile IP, Shaping, etc
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.