A New Hope - KDE 4 multiplatform

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

InFeRnODeMoN What about adding Freedesktop menu support to Ros Explorer so KDE lock-in does not force users to use KDE shell to access apps?
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Here's an Idea! Since we all want a new shell, lets just set up our version of iexplore as the shell! Just as integrated as Windows 98/ Millenium Edition! I know, I know... just kidding... KDE is awesome, but until it is ready and has a nice Windows theme that we can tack on, it could be in downloads.
More ReactOS, please!
meg112

Post by meg112 »

NOT BAD! :mrgreen:
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

It should be in the downloads ... always ... that`s my opinion.
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Please move this shit to the Design forum.
It compiles, let's ship it!
meg112

Post by meg112 »

why have you done a post so stupid? you are a developer you should be more serious... and intelligent
florian

Post by florian »

meg112 wrote:why have you done a post so stupid? you are a developer you should be more serious... and intelligent

mf could and should have been more polite but isn't the topic a question of graphical user interface? Therefore it might fit better to the design forum.

But Differentiating ReactOS security from Windows security which is within the design forum would be better here in the General Discussion because it has absolutely nothing to do with GUI etc.

People should think twice where to open and post their new topics.
Last edited by florian on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meg112

Post by meg112 »

kde is not only a gui
w3seek
Developer

Post by w3seek »

KDE will never be included in the standard ReactOS distribution. We have our own shell (explorer). If anyone wants to use KDE or any other system as the standard shell, they're free to create a distribution that includes it by default. We won't. We don't care how "cool" or "nice" it is. Period.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I second to MF post. Our purpose is to create a lighweight, windowslike shell, and i doubt KDE on Win will ever be fully functional AND lightweight in the same time.
meg112

Post by meg112 »

ok this was a simple discussion, ros is great as it is :wink:
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

The "Design" forum is not specifically the "Graphical design" forum, but includes a broader meaning of the term, like system design, kernel design, whatever. And i'm not going to be more polite, this is the forum and put bluntly, the consensus is it earns little if any respect from most developers. And threads like these don't really improve the situation.

Hey, at least I'm honest with you.
It compiles, let's ship it!
meg112

Post by meg112 »

i have been honest with you too
florian

Post by florian »

I've always thought the design forum would be a forum of GUI stuff, wallpapers etc. - especially because of this "..., or post your own creations". It was just my wrong impression. Sorry for that!
PLowran

This is exactly waht i want

Post by PLowran »

I want the NT Code with the Sweet KDE look.
this has to be done, its not that big of a memory hog all it requires is a 80586 with 128 meg of ram, so masically a Windows 2000 System, hell i have had Linux with KDE running on worse.
if ROS could work with KDE this would in face be the ultimate OS!