Make ReactOS Clean!!!!!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Clarks

Make ReactOS Clean!!!!!

Post by Clarks »

thats right make it clean. dont create an OS that leaves a bunch of trash on someones hard drive like windows does which hurts the computers performance. monitor all files that programs install for the OS so that if need be uninstalling, all the files that the program placed there are deleted including tmps, and registry entries. make a very powerful task manager that gives more information on running processes, that can also check the processes to see if its some kind of virus, who the process belongs too. Create a better file manager, thats more flexible and powerful. Give the user enough control over the OS and the hardware to control how it runs but dont allow them to destroy it. Although ReactOS is a clone of windows that doesnt mean it has to follow so closely to the way windows look. beef the look up a bit. Change the look of the start button, tasbar. Try to make sure that every file format that belongs to ReatOS including whatever the the executable format is, is not populated with trash. In other words look at windows bitmap file format, it has info in there thats even needed. I'll be back.
GvG

Post by GvG »

It's open source, so feel free to submit the code to do all that :)
Clarks

Post by Clarks »

hey men i was just making a suggestion based on my experiences with windows. to be truthfully honests i have no experience in coding an OS and if i did i would honestly contribute to the development of reactOS. i know its a large project so there are more important things at hand. i probably spoke too much :D .
Bond007s

TaskManager

Post by Bond007s »

This looks like as good of a place as any to bring this up. I really like the idea of the XP Task Manager stating which user owns which process. It is very useful. It would be useful to have Applications do the same. I know that ReactOS currently does not support multiple users, but I think it easier to begin to consider this now. I have little C++ skills and very few time. I however keep my eye on the horizon for ReactOS. I hope that these can be added to a TODO list for ReactOS Taskmanager, I believe they will be of much help to Admins and other more advanced users. I mean, really only advanced users really use Taskmanager, except for the few novices that understand how to end a task in it. Anyway, keep up the good work...