The style

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Like the idea?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 am

YES
21%
NO
79%

Total votes: 29

Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Just ask for it to quit. I think it might be healthy to let it drop.
More ReactOS, please!

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Then think twice before posting.

VincentMX

Post by VincentMX »

I totally agree with Haos.
You post a lot of this sh*t around the forums, wanking about how much you want a Windows XP or a vista theme, even though it's been said many times that ReactOS isnt ready for such stuff. And now you want the dev team to implement an IceWM (Linux) theme into ReactOS?
Wheres your mind?

speaking of windows eye candy: Luna (Windows XP theme) is a little too little to me, and Longhorn/VISTA, is far overkill, trying to be like MacOSX.
My point being: If you want eye candy, use a Mac, or just install linux on your pc, and install compiz-fusion (aka Beryl)

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

There are already plenty of Win32 themes, we dont need our own. In the future, any Win32 theme will work on ROS well enough. Official ROS will be kept at minimum special effects to provide best possible performance. If you dont agree with this policy, you are free to fork it and maintain your own distro.

VincentMX

Post by VincentMX »

Haos wrote:There are already plenty of Win32 themes, we dont need our own. In the future, any Win32 theme will work on ROS well enough. Official ROS will be kept at minimum special effects to provide best possible performance. If you dont agree with this policy, you are free to fork it and maintain your own distro.
i dont really agree with you on that. he is free to do so; yes. but if you get forks, then you'll get over 2000 distros. look at linux. then there will also be ppl staying behind, becouse their distro forgot to add the latest apis, and incompatibility becouse of that. but worst of all:
You'll get community forking: distro wars happen a lot in linux channels. you'll get debian ppl telling fedora ppl things like "RPM Sucks!" and things like that. as a solution, there will come a seperate forum and irc channel for each distro to prevent flamewars. but then you'll only get bigger problems: the reactos community will be spread around many forums. this would mean that there will be smaller forums.

Solution: Dont get distros as this will prevent the community to get forked.

if the community gets forked, they'll just die one by one.
community forking is exactly what MS wants. everybody who knows a bit of latin and some history will know the phrase: Divide et impera (divide and conquer)

now we have 1 big community. One community to rule them all!