ReactOS 0.3.2

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nute

ReactOS 0.3.2

Post by nute »

What happened? It has been 2 months and still no release.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Hold on, it is coming. I can't even release anything good on deadline!! Windows is one heck of a thing to duplicate, if you are impatient, program.

P.S. : Wrong forum to post in, please move it!
More ReactOS, please!
nute

Post by nute »

What makes you say this is the wrong forum? AN explanation of what happened
would be news to me.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

The release cycle is at minimum 2 month periods. This means that it may take LONGER than 2 months.

Currently we are doing some extra regression testing as well as bugfixing.

EDIT: forum is not for releasing news, only for outsiders like you to ask questions. You may want to visit Reactos irc channel for more detailed informations (if anyone in possesion of them will be free and willing to answer your questions).
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The News section is exclusively for developers and other members of the ROS team to release what they feel is news, not for people to post questions or request for news. If phpbb had a more fine grained control, then only people in the Developers, Release Engineer, or Moderator group or up would be able to start threads in there. Since it's not, we have to keep moving threads like yours trying to get you to realize what you're not supposed to do.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

the release of 0.3.2 was plan this month, but at it looks like now, it will not be release this month. we got one big serius regress that must be fixed before 0.3.2 can be branch it is so call name pipes regress, at moment Alesky is working on it, it will take lest 1-2 month to solv it maybe longer.
after it is solv we can continue looking after regress see which are serisues, and what shall be fixed.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Blockers Here you can see the progress.

Btw, please stop moaning around, ok? Its very hard work to code something so complex. Be happy that someone is working on ReactOS and wait/watch Trunk's progress. Much was was done and that causes regressions aswell.
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

Z98 wrote:The News section is exclusively for developers and other members of the ROS team to release what they feel is news, not for people to post questions or request for news. If phpbb had a more fine grained control, then only people in the Developers, Release Engineer, or Moderator group or up would be able to start threads in there. Since it's not, we have to keep moving threads like yours trying to get you to realize what you're not supposed to do.
It does. You can make groups in phpBB and give only certaing groups post permissions in a certain forum. It's not that had to do. Just dig a little in the admin panel :wink:
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Note I said starting threads. I know you can tag a board to be group specific, but that's overkill since we do want people to be able to comment on the news.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

at moment Alesky is working on it, it will take lest 1-2 month to solv it maybe longer.
At least we have a date now. We will stop moaning and disturbing you...
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

Z98 wrote:Note I said starting threads. I know you can tag a board to be group specific, but that's overkill since we do want people to be able to comment on the news.
Yeah but there is a difference between post and reply in the admin panel. If you set post only for certain groups and reply for everyone, only members of the group can post new topics and other users can reply to them :wink:
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Hmm, odd. It's probably because it's easier to do in vbulletin that I didn't notice it.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Is there a function that automatically sorts where posts should go? Could be useful.
More ReactOS, please!
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Just a suggestion, since the supposed deadline has been reached, it would save a lot of useless posts just to update the website with a few lines (I.E. We're are working on some regression issues, the release date has to be delayed... etc.)
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

We did. The newsletter made mention of the regressions and had the site not gone down yesterday, a new newsletter would be up that mentioned them again.