SVN builds lacking functionality

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

InFeRnODeMoN

SVN builds lacking functionality

Post by InFeRnODeMoN »

I noticed that 0.4-SVN can not change screen resolution/depth. I wonder when will this be fixed?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

It's a bug. These things happen. That's why we generally discourage people from trying to use SVN builds unless they're trying to find bugs. For that matter, the "official" releases are only for preview and testing purposes only, not for actual use.
InFeRnODeMoN

Post by InFeRnODeMoN »

I know why I use the SVN. Actually I'm using the SVN out of my strange will to hack some OS, but then this thing popped up.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

You can change these parameters using registry editor. See HKCC\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VBE\Device0.

If you have strange inclination to hack some OS, check out the sources and help to fix bug(s). :)
InFeRnODeMoN

Post by InFeRnODeMoN »

I compile the sources by myself, actually I found this bug with a mod of ReactOS done "as I want/know/do it" (changed icons, name, added/removed irrelevant functionality, etc.). Then I saw the official builds and this bug turned out not to be created by me.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

You can hack Windows like this on a Windows ME machine:

@ECHO OFF
DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*
DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\*.*
ECHO WINDOWS ME IS TAKEN CARE OF

But seriously, it is kind of fun to explore the source that makes an OS this complex tick.
More ReactOS, please!