Error in SVN Builds

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ramon25

Error in SVN Builds

Post by ramon25 »

Hello together,

I installed many SVN-Builds since the 0.3.1 release in QEMU. But I always got the same error. The Icons for incuded programs are not available and when I want so start them, I got en error. I uploaded a screenshot to show you my problem. You can view it under http://cst2.info/reactos/screen.jpg

I got this error in the 26248-rel releas too, but this release is declared as 100% working in http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Bootstate

Is this a general problem or do only I have this problem?

Best regards,

Ramon

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The icons issue is a known one. It even got pinned down to which revision broke the display of icons, but I don't know what ever came of the issue.

Make sure you don't put a period onto the end of the links. I've modified the post for you but be careful in the future.

ramon25

Post by ramon25 »

Ok thank you. Is this a general problem or only on some installations?

WhiteFlash

Post by WhiteFlash »

I have this problem too, but if I'm correct, the reason is that the applications aren't built in the SVN .iso releases to keep the filesize smaller. I could be wrong on this, but I think that's what I read somewhere.

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Okay, I have some more info about the icon issue. It's ReactOS' win32k system that's slightly outdated. A sync with Wine broke it because Wine's been updating their implementations.

SVN builds are temperamental. Just because one person got it to work doesn't mean it'll work for others. This often happens when the developers upload updates to SVN and is why it breaks sometimes.

ramon25

Post by ramon25 »

ok, thanks for your information.