Looks like the audit...

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I'm gonna point out right now that any scheme duplicating GoboLinux's concept would require rewriting the Registry code for the sake of backwards compatibility. So as a practical matter, not likely to happen.

Also, in the future, please start a new thread instead of going completely off topic/reviving an old one.
DivXMan

Post by DivXMan »

Hi to all, this is my first post on this forum! I've just seen that the audit is complete (0 file locked), so ReactOS development should go faster now?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, to be serious. The audit never really slowed down the development very much. Coding a whole OS is quite some work, so be patient :-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
DivXMan

Post by DivXMan »

OK, thanks.
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

Hi!
Well, it does look like it is still going on. More questions have been asked by "MS MVP" (or what ever they call them selves) this time. Before the web svn was shut down for maintenance, we had a chance to look again in the ntoskrnl code and hunt down any type of major changes that was done without proper change research notes. This ended up looking, all normal evolution of changes based on debugging and troubleshooting. Some changes are based on clean room research and clean room website information.

So far based on what we know, the projects is still certified to be clean.

We will always have our attackers and that includes newbies from MS. So hang in there team!

Thanks,
James
cppm

Post by cppm »

I'll save you the potential flame and politely tell/remind you that using "MS" is considered bad form on these forums.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

This is Jim we're talking about. He's the oldest remaining dev with ROS. Most of us have given up on getting him to change.
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

Z98 wrote:This is Jim we're talking about. He's the oldest remaining dev with ROS. Most of us have given up on getting him to change.
Hi!
I've used MS for years. Even back in the late 1980's on BBS's, Compuserve and Novalink.com (early Internet). So sorry for not understanding why that is bad.

Thanks,
James
tomleem

A trivial thing?

Post by tomleem »

cppm wrote:I'll save you the potential flame and politely tell/remind you that using "MS" is considered bad form on these forums.
It seems like a trivial thing to worry about. I have seen other forums use that abreviation (which does not make it right or wrong). 8)
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
DivXMan

Re: Looks like the audit...

Post by DivXMan »

Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

This reminds me that the another day I saw a thing in the wikipedia that attracted my attetion in the reactos page:
It is also criticized that the most suspect files were missing from the list of files selected for the audit,[12] which would make the audit unavailing.
What do you think? :?
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

DivXMan;-) wrote:Now the Audit is complete! :D
http://www.reactos.org/generated/locked_files.log
I remember when there were actual files in there. :shock:
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The audit would never be presentable in court anyways. It was purely a way for the developers to confirm for themselves where code came from and what they were based on.
DivXMan

Post by DivXMan »

Ah, ok! Now it is more clear....
saulius2

Post by saulius2 »

Z98 wrote:The audit would never be presentable in court anyways. It was purely a way for the developers to confirm for themselves where code came from and what they were based on.
So does this mean WinHQ community now are accepting patches from ReactOS tree?