ReactOS Terminal Services

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

shunt010

ReactOS Terminal Services

Post by shunt010 »

Has any work been done yet on ReactOS Terminal Services?

Are any of the kernel processes in place yet to start to write that part of the code if it's not been started yet (Like multiple user environments as required for terminal services).

It's something that really attracts me to this project and I would like to help with if the OS is starting to be ready for that part to be written.
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

as far as I know some work has been done in that area but not a lot. I think at least part of the multi user part is done (there is a login now and there are user profiles, just no way to add more). I think now probably is a goo time to be able to look at that area, some things may get in your way but it must be getting close.
shunt010

Post by shunt010 »

OK.

Well I'm not 100% sure about the multi-session part, but I don't mind having a go at making it so the sessions are started from a VNC session start, etc, which should in theory be an exercise of interfacing some modules like the UltraVNC server into the session control.

But it depends if ReactOS can support multiple sessions yet, that was really what I was asking, if 90% of the code is ready and it just needs that other 10% to hook something like a VNC server driver into the OS to start up multiple sessions and port them to the right place.
slaventii

Post by slaventii »

2X TerminalServer for Linux is an Open Source project, licensed under the GPL and is free of charge. Only user to user support is available via the 2X forums.
http://www.2x.com
Jaix
Moderator Team

RDP Client side ready.

Post by Jaix »

There has been thoughts about this for many years but because of lack of support from kernel and friends not much can be seen until 0.3.4 when the client side app mstsc.exe was released and the support for log-in was implemented before that.

Now when the kernel and other parts of the OS has come to a more mature stage it might be time to work on the server side, this is definately a thing that is going to make ReactOS leap ahead I think.

One place where you can see some info about the Terminal Services is on the wiki idea page, there you can put down your ideas and see what others has been thinking already.

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/R ... l_Services