Nightly builds avaiable

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jnolles

Post by jnolles »

When will anyone do a new build? I want to burn & test the latest SVN
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

On meklort's page you can find it. His script does more then one build every day.
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Dr. Fred wrote:On meklort's page you can find it. His script does more then one build every day.
Thanks, although i seam to be running into a bit of difficulty with it not liking to build , so I'll also try and build it somewhat manualy.
EDIT:
everything seams to be fixed, feal free to email me if it stops. Although i was under an attack form someone in Japan... blocked his ip. I dont like it when people try to login to ssh with users like 'admin' 'test' and 'guest'
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

OK, just to balance out the hosting / bandwidth for my website, I added google ads, If i get enough clicks i might be able to upgrade my internet connections to provide faster downloads
Stead

Post by Stead »

i've just copied the latest builds 19-march from meklorts site, with a 2mb connection i got a nice download of 223 k/s :) i'll remove them if

http://www.steadvex.f2s.com/

on my isp

Do you impose a bandwidth limit?
Currently we limit bandwidth indirectly by restricting the CPU usage of your website. This is set to 126mhz.

not quite sure how that works out

i have no idea how to compile reactos myself, i will have a look later, i just thought to save meklorts bandwidth as i was under the impression he's doing it from his computer i would mirror those latest 2 files for people :)
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Stead wrote:i've just copied the latest builds 19-march from meklorts site, with a 2mb connection i got a nice download of 223 k/s :)
<snip>
i have no idea how to compile reactos myself, i will have a look later, i just thought to save meklorts bandwidth as i was under the impression he's doing it from his computer i would mirror those latest 2 files for people :)
Thanks, that will probably help other people get it faster.
I am running it from my computer, but since all i am doing is uploading, it doesnt hurt me. The only bandwidth restriction i have is my speed, so i might try and upgrade that if i can later.
Stead

Post by Stead »

i noticed you said a place to upload would be helpful, i would happily have the latest builds on my webspace, only have 50mb so can't have all that huge archiving you've got :shock:

if its possible to have a script that could upload the newest versions to my webspace as well? if you would think it would help, i'm guessing if 50 people tried downloading from you it would have the 256k shared between them? its currently not doing anything, and its free for me, i have no clue with php or anything tho, that script to show the files is just a nice one i was looking at, also does picture previews i think, if you were to use it to upload all i'd request is to keep 10mb in case i have an urge to play around with web stuff :roll:
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Stead wrote:i noticed you said a place to upload would be helpful, i would happily have the latest builds on my webspace, only have 50mb so can't have all that huge archiving you've got :shock:

if its possible to have a script that could upload the newest versions to my webspace as well? if you would think it would help, i'm guessing if 50 people tried downloading from you it would have the 256k shared between them?
I can make a script that will upload the latest build, say when i do a make clean once a day. It wont be that latest i have on my site, but it would be close. I think im using 6GB total, and 4.2 of that is the uncompressed version , so 1.8gb of compressed files. It would split 256 between x people. Might have to get a bigger harddrive in a month :wink:
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

meklort wrote:
Stead wrote:i noticed you said a place to upload would be helpful, i would happily have the latest builds on my webspace, only have 50mb so can't have all that huge archiving you've got :shock:

if its possible to have a script that could upload the newest versions to my webspace as well? if you would think it would help, i'm guessing if 50 people tried downloading from you it would have the 256k shared between them?
I can make a script that will upload the latest build, say when i do a make clean once a day. It wont be that latest i have on my site, but it would be close. I think im using 6GB total, and 4.2 of that is the uncompressed version , so 1.8gb of compressed files. It would split 256 between x people. Might have to get a bigger harddrive in a month :wink:
Or delete the old uncompressed builds :wink:
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

gasmann wrote:Or delete the old uncompressed builds :wink:
I have those for now just incase anyone wants to downlaod the uncompressed builds, but i probably will stop with those, or delete the oldest ones.
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

If any developers would like, I can arrange for a web interface where you can test the latest svn version, by invoking my build script. If you want, just pm or email me and I can see what I can do.
Stead

Post by Stead »

http://www.steadvex.f2s.com/ReactOS

i'll upload new images from meklort's site once a week or so, or whenever i have nothing better to do!

i'm sure someone will appricate high speed downloads, thanks meklort for the builds! well appricated. i will remove them tho if you do not want me to, or you could upload them yourself, i've put a script on the site, but it will only upload from http, not local files, don't quite understand why, but its not my script and i don't really know much about that type of thing, but i managed to get it working :) the builds were downloaded directly from your site using the script. (i was impressed anyway, gave me something to do for a few hours 8) )
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Stead wrote:http://www.steadvex.f2s.com/ReactOS i'll upload new images from meklort's site once a week or so, or whenever i have nothing better to do!

i'm sure someone will appricate high speed downloads, thanks meklort for the builds! well appricated. i will remove them tho if you do not want me to, or you could upload them yourself, i've put a script on the site, but it will only upload from http, not local files, don't quite understand why, but its not my script and i don't really know much about that type of thing, but i managed to get it working :) the builds were downloaded directly from your site using the script. (i was impressed anyway, gave me something to do for a few hours 8) )
You can keep hosting a mirror. althouh the build isnt current anymore :wink:
The reason why the script wont get local files if becasue it has to retrive them, so it downloads, and your computer wont let any requests in (firewall). For it to do that you woul dhave to run a script on your computer that would upload the local files, which i could make and have my computer upload after each build, or after each build that i run a make clean, wich is every three hours.
Stead

Post by Stead »

feel free to do so!, only thing i would request is that you put the files as reactos_live.iso.gz
and
reactos.iso.gz

you could use the description file of the sniffer script thing that lists the files to show the version number?

it currently takes around 5-6 minutes i think getting each of the files off your site

any small misc utilities would be nice to be listed to, i read in a thread someware that someone had started making an inf installer? i'm sure i read that, if anyone knows ware that is, would be cool :)

if you want to use this as a mirror pm or email me at stead@f2s.com and i'll give you the details to connect, unless you can somehow do it thru the script thats already on there.

hopefully it'll help someone in the long run

cool just looked at the stats ofthe website, and a few people have already downloaded it, unless that was me just messing around but apparently theres people from belgium usa, and germany, never knew it had all this statistics stuff either

build 14223 is there now :o almost
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Stead wrote: if you want to use this as a mirror pm or email me at stead@f2s.com and i'll give you the details to connect, unless you can somehow do it thru the script thats already on there.

hopefully it'll help someone in the long run

cool just looked at the stats ofthe website, and a few people have already downloaded it, unless that was me just messing around but apparently theres people from belgium usa, and germany, never knew it had all this statistics stuff either

build 14223 is there now :o almost
If you can tell me how to access / use the script to upload a file, i can jsut have my build script call yours, and it will automaticaly update when i finish a build. I might have t update your site on every make clean, or once a day. It all depends. Im up to build 14232 :P. I might be able to up grade my bandwidht soon... with those google ads.