NOD32 reports a virus in 0.3 QEMU package ... [false alarm]

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

FLR

NOD32 reports a virus in 0.3 QEMU package ... [false alarm]

Post by FLR »

Why do they put some fucking virus in the files?!
Soo fucking lame. I wanted to try this OS, but i dont want to now, when i seen they put viruses in it. Too bad 4 TeH DeV3L0p3Rs!!
:twisted:

Ooh forgot to give a proof.
Here yu got:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1019/vafanvs5.png
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

FLR wrote:Why do they put some fucking virus in the files?!
Soo fucking lame.
There is no virus in any of the provided download packages!

It's just your anti-virus scanner which is the fault. It think that the qemu boot sector file is a virus or what ever. Check it with another anti-virus scanner and you will see it is just NOD32 which cause problems.

Another thread in our ReactOS Forum which already has been about the same topic:
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=virus (spanish)
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

FLR

Post by FLR »

Ok, so there is no virus? But Why does NOD32 take the file for a virus if it isn't? Well, im sorry for my spoken words in the topic.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

NOD32 are known doing false report of program, they are using so call patter found. that mean if a program contain simluare pattern or match the pattern NOD32 will report it as virus. this is true for all virus scanner that using pattern search. and false alram will happen for few program or allot program.
etko

Post by etko »

Don't forget that NOD32 is best AV package on the market ;), I believe you can trust it, so just include the file in question into exceptions and the alarm will dissapear. ;). Yes it seems to be flase positive which is toggled by pattern matching.
Thcrw8383

Post by Thcrw8383 »

To me this is scary,If ReactOS gets viruses,then that can take down the project right there,will some kind of AV or malware protection get put in the kernel?
walter

Post by walter »

don't worry, developers have talked about this. also remember antivirus applications will run normally on reactos :wink: :)
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

it says a boot sector virus, well reactor does write to the boot sector and does run code from there. sounds like a virus! (or an operating system :) )