ReactOS 0.3.1 RC1 and Final?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cire

ReactOS 0.3.1 RC1 and Final?

Post by Cire »

Hi!

When will ReactOS 0.3.1 RC1 and Final be released?
ROS is cool!
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

There are no planned release dates. These things are released whenever the developers finish integrating whatever they feel is necessary for each section.
Cire

Post by Cire »

What features is planned to be integrated in this release? The wiki contains no info.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/0.4.x

Generally the stuff that is being aimed for in the next series is what is being slowly incorporated into the current series. Release goals for x.x.1 or such seem to be rather fluid. And of course general stabilization work. A better place to ask this kind of stuff is in the IRC channels, since the majority of the developers hang out there and avoid the forums.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Just so much. 0.3.1 has been branched already. But this does not mean, then theres a new Version in the next few hours/days/weeks. It is ALOT of work to code such a complex OS, like ReactOS. The longer you can wait, the better 0.3.1 will be.
cruzades

Post by cruzades »

i guess (gut feeling) it is coming out anytime soon :)
Cire

Post by Cire »

The most wanted feature in 0.3.1 for me is working network capabilities on my NIC (Intel PRO/100 VE).
samwise52

Post by samwise52 »

No date is set, it will be release when it will be released. Im waiting for clipBoard <3 :D
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4
Cire

Post by Cire »

A good day for releasing it may be October 25th. It's an important day for MS Windows; not only because it's Windows XP's 5th anniversary, it's also the day Windows Vista is planned to be released to manufacturing.
jorl17

Post by jorl17 »

Cire wrote:A good day for releasing it may be October 25th. It's an important day for MS Windows; not only because it's Windows XP's 5th anniversary, it's also the day Windows Vista is planned to be released to manufacturing.
Aww c'mon...
The objective is not to torn Microsoft appart!
We don't totally hate microsoft.
We just wante a free compatible with NT versions open-source operative system.
That doesn't implicitly mean that we hate microsoft and that nothing good should happen.
Besides, if we want more people it shouldn't be that date, everybody (sort of :P) should be looking on microsoft's, none's gonna care with a not yet ready operative system when they have vista!
Yes it's a good future. Yes I believe in it. No It's not implicitly a Microsoft enemy. No it's not yet ready, it's not perfect at all, as everybody knows.

My humild opininion...:D
walter

Post by walter »

but it could be interesting if it anticipates vista of 1 or 2 days... that's marketing :wink:

if i remember correctly, bill gates did the same... he preferred selling programs which were not perfect just to let his products arrive on the stores before the opponents.
Cire

Post by Cire »

Just because Vista will be "released to manufacturing" doesn't mean that people will instantly get their hands on it. They (the consumers) (un)fortunately aren't gonna be able to get Vista before January. Besides I don't think Microsoft will be able to pull that date of anyway. :wink:
jorl17

Post by jorl17 »

walter wrote:but it could be interesting if it anticipates vista of 1 or 2 days... that's marketing :wink:

if i remember correctly, bill gates did the same... he preferred selling programs which were not perfect just to let his products arrive on the stores before the opponents.
Correct, now that's marketing, totally in agreement.
walter

Post by walter »

yes, i was saying it would be just a marketing move...
jorl17

Post by jorl17 »

jorl17 wrote:
walter wrote:but it could be interesting if it anticipates vista of 1 or 2 days... that's marketing :wink:

Correct, now that's marketing, totally in agreement.
EDIT: POsted at the same time, extra answr down:
Just because Vista will be "released to manufacturing" doesn't mean that people will instantly get their hands on it. They (the consumers) (un)fortunately aren't gonna be able to get Vista before January. Besides I don't think Microsoft will be able to pull that date of anyway.
Yes, might be true, but I just think there should be no direct hate and sutff.
I mean, we want to have a free open source operative system, OK.
Let those microsft guys come over us, get the law on top of us, but we shouldn't do the same, because that's childish. Who is afraid should stay like that and should not react agressivly in all the sence and porpuso it can have.
So, let's just have what WE consider fair play...

Oh and when I say WE, i mean the ReactOS community, all of us, those of who ojnly read and those of you who take long hours reading every single chaaracter in the code.