support for SATA drive

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
wpshooter
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:30 pm

support for SATA drive

Post by wpshooter »

I had tried your O/S several months ago and found at that time that there was NO support for SATA drives.

Has this changed yet ?

Thanks.

Ged
Developer
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: UK

Post by Ged »

sorry, not yet.

forart
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: support for SATA drive

Post by forart »

wpshooter wrote:NO support for SATA drives
Well, ask your hw manufacturer to support ReactOS ! :wink:

Check out (and contribute, if you can) "my" Hardware manufacturer's list on the wiki.
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

User avatar
Jaix
Moderator Team
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:40 pm
Location: Sweden, Växjö

Re: support for SATA drive

Post by Jaix »

forart wrote:
wpshooter wrote:NO support for SATA drives
Well, ask your hw manufacturer to support ReactOS ! :wink:
That is actually no meaning with that because if it supports windows ReactOS should support it too, the problem is that our developers is busy doing other stuff at the moment, but as ReactOS is getting more stable we will see even more drivers working (hopefully). The problems with drivers isn't 3rd party but ReactOS early stage.

forart
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: support for SATA drive

Post by forart »

Jaix wrote:That is actually no meaning with that because if it supports windows ReactOS should support it too
Clear, but the hw manufacturer can donate money or support the development if knows the ReactOS project... an "alternative" spread the voice way... 8)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

samwise52
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:14 pm

Post by samwise52 »

Someone in #reactos (i forgot who) said that NT4 drivers could possible work for this...
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4

User avatar
Jaix
Moderator Team
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:40 pm
Location: Sweden, Växjö

Re: support for SATA drive

Post by Jaix »

forart wrote:
Jaix wrote:That is actually no meaning with that because if it supports windows ReactOS should support it too
Clear, but the hw manufacturer can donate money or support the development if knows the ReactOS project... an "alternative" spread the voice way... 8)
Yes, most definately, everyone is encouraged to support the development of this project.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests