shutdown does not work

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alkali

shutdown does not work

Post by Alkali »

As all of you know, when you hit shutdown then answer yes, nothing happens. However, I have noticed that if you wait between roughly 10-30min Reactos will in fact shutdown. I was hoping someone else could confirm this on there machine.

Real hardware
AMD64
Chaintech Summit Si689 motherboard (networking drivers dont work by the way, give a K_mode error).

Edit:

I went on IRC and found out that Reactos will shutdown whenever it becomes unstable. Apparently, some of the drivers I installed on Reactos coused it to shutdown randomly every 20-30 minutes regardless of pressing the shutdown button. On a clean install shutdown didn't work at all. Sorry for getting everyones hopes up.
Last edited by Alkali on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveh

Post by steveh »

>if you wait between roughly 10-30min Reactos will in fact shutdown

10-30 minutes! Would it be waiting so long for some process which delays while stopping?

What Reactos version are you talking about? 0.3.0final or the trunk?

What happens during these 10-30 minutes? Is the screen frozen? Or can you still command reactos with mouse an keyboard?

Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he might mean seconds instead of minutes (but then again, you never know).

samwise52

Post by samwise52 »

Im going to go out on a limb and say SHUTDOWN command isnt implemented in 0.3, try 0.3.1 it is implemented there
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

after 10-30 min reactos will probably crash and shutdown! :lol:

Jaix
Moderator Team

Wait and continue!

Post by Jaix »

Mrkaras wrote:after 10-30 min reactos will probably crash and shutdown! :lol:
It would be good if all unimplemented stuff worked that well if I waited 10-30 minutes, then I'd never have to shut down my PC, just wait and continue. ;-)