Mascot for ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

I think a pouncing cute cat would be nice. With the eyes of Puss in Boots.
ma-games.de

Post by ma-games.de »

mf wrote:A squirrel is a cute, furry animal, which is quick to react, and has the balls to fight MS ;). And it also fits the line of free OS mascots.
Squirrel is an option!
Cat is already used by AROS.
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

I would vote for squirrel over frog.

Squirrels can be presented in both a professional and cute manner, they've lightning-fast reflexes. are intelligent and are generally well-liked by everyone.

Now, if ROS becomes very fast, very versatile (and intelligent?), it'll become well-liked by everyone and thus deserve a squirrel as mascot ;)
Newbie Reactos

Post by Newbie Reactos »

This post is beginning to turn into 5 y.o POKEMON FOURM!!!
Squrrels, cat, frogs, butterfly.

How about a freakin RAT or Mouse or Roach. You would react too!!
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

I said a cute cat, not a female feline flashing cat.
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Why everybody wants a real animal as a mascot? What about mythical creature?
*thinks of a dragon as a ReactOS mascot*
Delfi

Post by Delfi »

come on, REACTY rules IT DOES!
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

denzil wrote:Why everybody wants a real animal as a mascot? What about mythical creature?
*thinks of a dragon as a ReactOS mascot*
Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sp ... _mythology

:)
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

Delfi wrote:come on, REACTY rules IT DOES!
Yes, it does.

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
Newbie Reactos

Post by Newbie Reactos »

You people are ZOO keeper and worked Zoologist. Talking about animals & insects. How about Shark & Alligator? No. No. you won't choose it because you wanted to the top animal offical creator of Reactos. It's not going to happen here because creator of Reactos is looking for RARE person.. A person believes in something not only he thinks about money or finding animal to be cool. The closet animal I would select is "Squirrel, Cat, and maybe frog"

Animal mascot do have gender sterotyping people's minds: Cat = women, frog = little boys, Squirrel = Homeless man Thevies. Of course insects are not pretty creature except butterfly. We won't choose it. MSN choose butterfly because it's beatiful insect grows different color.

If I type how about "Cockroach; Bedbugs; Worms; fleas." and simply people will ignore insects. Next post comes up. "How about Dragon fly? I'll pick my vote" come on get real. No one want MSN clone insect.

This Next post I'm going to see : How about new animal, more new animals. Talking about God inventing Animals. Quit it.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Where does that come from?! (and why do you use the word "we"). People are entitled to their suggestions, and developers may find it useful as it shows some public opinion and ideas they may not come up with. Remember, it is open source after all, and the idea is to get support from the largest group possible.
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I wanna a wolf/dog ;) they can be cute, they are pretty, anti-MS (never see a little dog playing with the butterflies?? they are funny ), but i like also the squirrel ;)
ConMan

Post by ConMan »

I think it makes more sense for the developers to pick the mascot because they are the ones working on the project and they could pick something that has some meaning related to the project. Or they could pick from the long list of ideas already mentioned. Then they may not care at all.
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

ConMan wrote:I think it makes more sense for the developers to pick the mascot because they are the ones working on the project and they could pick something that has some meaning related to the project. Or they could pick from the long list of ideas already mentioned. Then they may not care at all.
Of course the developers decide on the mascot. They're the people in charge of the project, after all :)
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

To make sure everyone agrees, you can simply hold several rounds of brainstorms.

Round 1: Open forum discussion
Most popular ideas go on to ->
Round 2: Developer mailing list
Most popular ideas go on to ->
Round 3: Official ReactOS team
A winner is elected ->
Official ReactOS mascot.

Yay for democracy.