ReactOS 0.3 RC

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GaeTaN

ReactOS 0.3 RC

Post by GaeTaN »

Hi,
I've seen the first RC has been released. Good.
I've downloaded/burned the liveCD, and, as far as I can see, there is still no usb mouse nor keyboard support...
It's quite annoying, that's the only thing that kept me from trying it on real hardware on my actual computer (it boots, load everything, but I cant do anything without mouse/keyboard :)).
When will the usb stuffs work ? I thought it would be ok for this release :cry:
Anyway it seems you've done a good job, I've even seen a sound icon in the bottom right, does it means sound is supported ? :) 8)
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Some usb mouses / keyboards work already afaik.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
GaeTaN

Post by GaeTaN »

Unfortunately mine don't :cry:
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

With RC1 released, I have to say I expect the 0.3 be released soon, and I doubt there will be full USB mouse/keybord in that short period of time. I think it will be at least untill 0.3.1
reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

Cristan wrote:With RC1 released, I have to say I expect the 0.3 be released soon, and I doubt there will be full USB mouse/keybord in that short period of time. I think it will be at least untill 0.3.1
Time to release is irrelevant as the 0.3.0 branch is frozen.
DrV

Post by DrV »

AFAIK, the only way USB input is currently supported is through BIOS "USB Legacy" support - i.e. the BIOS emulates a PS/2 mouse and/or keyboard.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

reub2000 wrote:
Cristan wrote:With RC1 released, I have to say I expect the 0.3 be released soon, and I doubt there will be full USB mouse/keybord in that short period of time. I think it will be at least untill 0.3.1
Time to release is irrelevant as the 0.3.0 branch is frozen.
ReactOS 0.3.1 will get branched from trunk (tagged as 0.4).
Ged
Developer

Re: ReactOS 0.3 RC

Post by Ged »

GaeTaN wrote:Hi,
I've downloaded/burned the liveCD, and, as far as I can see, there is still no usb mouse nor keyboard support...
It's quite annoying, that's the only thing that kept me from trying it on real hardware on my actual computer (it boots, load everything, but I cant do anything without mouse/keyboard :))
USB isn't planned until 0.4.
0.3 is our network release.

However, you will find that our USB drivers are pretty much fully operational once the system is up and running, but not in 2nd stage install.
Imod

Post by Imod »

Well-done reactos team. I go to test a new RC:)
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

DrV wrote:AFAIK, the only way USB input is currently supported is through BIOS "USB Legacy" support - i.e. the BIOS emulates a PS/2 mouse and/or keyboard.
That doesn't work either on my machine...
Speedator

Post by Speedator »

Oh, haven't seen this before. So this may be obsolet: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 9191#19191 :D