Question regarding paid Brazil ROS version

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Albo

Question regarding paid Brazil ROS version

Post by Albo »

Hello guys. I have a question. If a person (who lives in Brazil, like me), takes the code from Reactos, translates everything into Brazilian Portuguese, modifies some things and sells the image file (for about R$12.00 or U$3 .00) under the name of, for example, Meltom and 50% of sales would be donated to the Reactos foundation. Any complaints would not be passed on to Reactos staff (except for bugs that already exist in Reactos). Any suggestions for Meltom would be passed on to the Reactos staff. Why donate 50% of sales? Because any updates from Reactos would be passed on to Meltom. Reactos would continue to be the base of Meltom. Of course, the credit would go to the Reactos people plus the modifications, translations and tests done by my people. And of course, the quote that Meltom is in the alpha version. I don't want to be a competitor or get in the way of the Reactos people. I just want to help Brazilian users, help myself and the Reactos people. what do you think?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Question regarding paid Brazil ROS version

Post by EmuandCo »

And why did you put your qestion to a topic that does not fit to your question at all? I did split it off now...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

Then Meltom has to offer his software under GPL and with all source code (including his translation and anything else he adds to the OS).
It doesn't matter what he gets monetarily.

Greetings
Peter
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
Albo

Post by Albo »

EmuandCo, I'm sorry. I just found a topic saing "money" and put my question. I'm really sorry.
Albo

Post by Albo »

PeterLinuxer, no problem.

I'm a programmer and I know the difficulties (electricity bills, time, complex code). I really like Reacts. I have a notebook running Reactos full-time and another notebook running Reactos as a second system. So I would like to help me and help you.

Reactos helps us and we help Reactos to grow!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

You are brave to use ReactOS as daily driver. What do you do with it? As it seems to work good for you, I'm curious. Main thing to keep in mind is that you keep the license as it is and follow the license yourself.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Albo

Post by Albo »

Hi EmuandCo.

I'm brave with Reactos! Because it is an operating system with many advantages over the "paid brother", I like it and study and test it. I am an electronics technician and I repair laptops. Sometimes I have one or two notebooks left over, or I buy from scrap metal, repair and install Reactos for fun. I install some games and utilities. Some fail, but I like to test.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice :D You should show up on Mattermost from time to time. We always look for news regarding real hardware success and failure stories. Same goes for some testing. Btw, there someone of the dev team likely can give you a better answer to your original question, too. I think that in the current state ROS is impossible to sell, but that is my opinion.

Albo

Post by Albo »

Hi EmuandCo.

Good sugestion. I'm going to look up Mattermost and write my experiences with computers and Reactos.

I imagine maybe I can get some donations then...
Ueniaspell

Post by Ueniaspell »

It is NOT necessary to install Meltom as you will still need an activation key