I got ReactOS to work in VMware Player so far!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

allenwrench

I got ReactOS to work in VMware Player so far!

Post by allenwrench »

It seems to be working in VMware enough I can play with it without BSOD or CTD, so far so good, I tried installing ReactOS on real hardware and I get an error I cannot find a file, I'll post it but well at least it's a libre windows-like OS, though I'm hoping it will get to v1.0 soon, it's a more of a play with it and see than it is a real competitor to Windows, though with most of the software Microsoft is making libre on GitHub under MIT license it might be possible to incorporate some of it, especially if we get an NTFS like system in place to replace btrfs
dizt3mp3r

Re: I got ReactOS to work in VMware Player so far!

Post by dizt3mp3r »

allenwrench wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:55 am though I'm hoping it will get to v1.0 soon
Please don't hope, you will be disappointed.
allenwrench wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:55 ama competitor to Windows
I don't think of ReactOS as a competitor to Windows, for me, it is just a reimplementation of Windows without using the original source code. So, when finished it will BE Windows, just with a different name and without all the management and UIX feckups.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.