Looking for new OS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alexei2

Re: Looking for new OS

Post by alexei2 »

dark wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 am OP Needs therapy for paranoid delusions, not another OS.
That's very offensive. Moderators?
dark wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 am take a look at how that data actually gets used
That's absurd. There is no way to see that.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

That case already was discussed. More than once and with different persons.
Btw, if someone feels offended HE can talk to me, not some 3rd party. I will not support any culture of complaints in here. Bad enough that we have that outside in RL. Everyone complains about anything. Some ppl seem to need some real problems in their lives to finally value what they have!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dark

Post by dark »

alexei2 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:15 pm
dark wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 am OP Needs therapy for paranoid delusions, not another OS.
That's very offensive. Moderators?
At the event, Microsoft announced that it has bought Canonical, the parent company of Ubuntu Linux, and shut down Ubuntu Linux forever. … Along with acquiring Canonical and killing Ubuntu
It's not offensive, it's a plain statement of fact supported by the evidence above (OP believing in a blatantly false statement that's easy to fact check). This sort of mental health issue isn't exactly uncommon in the Linux community. It requires a professional diagnosis and treatment plan. I only wish for him to get the help he needs, but someone has to be the adult and speak up about it. So don't shoot the messenger.
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

This is again so cuckoo... So, instead of using anything with SELinux, instead of using OpenBSD, "Let's look at an alpha quality hobby project" while having security concerns...
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Ladies and gentlemen... I answered two posts above. That's how things are going to happen. I did not see anything offensive here, either. No one directly involoved complained and so, I am fine with it.

@Aeneas you should stop just seeing black and white, there are 50 shades of grey, too (LOLOLOL)
Security measures are fine of they are taken, but there is a border that you should not pass, the border to paranoia.
If you read my direct reply to OP you would know what the reasoning for they close to harsh tone is.

BACK TO TOPIC!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

I can see why the op has a problem with windows 10 / 11 I do not trust Microsoft "embrace extend extinguish" IMHO the telemetry data gathering is unnecessary and needs to be removed I can see how it can be useful just looking at some of the bug reports on the form but not for an RTM os

I don't like Canonical because they are pushing snap packages that are causing problems for distributions that are based on ubuntu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrvvjAaMhPo

when it comes down to picking a new os the options are Windows, Mac, GNU Linux, BSD

windows have unnecessary data telemetry and have removed a lot of the user customization
Mac, you can not install OSX on existing hardware you need to buy new hardware that may have design flaws
GNU Linux, BSD, do you have time and patience to learn how to use the os do you have a second computer to install it on to learn how to use it?