ReactOS on Fujitsu Siemens D2030-A1 (+Screen recording)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fierelier

ReactOS on Fujitsu Siemens D2030-A1 (+Screen recording)

Post by Fierelier »

I chucked ReactOS on a machine I built a while ago with a Fujitsu Siemens D2030-A1 board. The BIOS is updated to the newest revision. Unfortunately, the service page for the board, which used to be up just a year ago or so, now seems to be gone. Networking works, I had a go with the NVIDIA graphics drivers as well (GeForce 7300GT, if i'm not mistaken) but it was kinda glitchy, and I couldn't change the resolution. Uninstalling it resulted in a bluescreen because the GPU could not be initialized, even in safe mode. So I reinstalled ReactOS and settled on networking only. The sound can likely be made to work, as the sound chip's your typical AC97 affair, but the Virtual Box driver offered in the Software Manager did not work (Error 10).

Registering the DLLs on first boot can fail, it did for me both times, a reboot fixed it, although I think this causes some slight weirdness with some stuff not being registered correctly. Seems to be okay-ish though.

Anyways, enjoy this little screen recording I made using ffmpeg xpmod: https://youtu.be/g-ffZIHs6xo

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -f gdigrab -framerate 1 -i desktop -c:v mjpeg -q:v 31 output.mp4
ReactOS revision: f17c2c0