ReactOS on HP mini 110c-1000

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

Re: ReactOS on HP mini 110c-1000

Post by LMH1 »

LMH1 I am beginning to realise that you don't know what you are talking about. If you can't be bothered to investigate for yourself and find out the difference between alpha and beta software and due to this don't understand the implications of running Alpha s/w, then you aren't worth giving support to.
Fedora 34 alpha have less critial issue than ReactOS have.
Fedora has a stable Linux kernel at its core and thus is at a far more advanced state of development than ReactOS, meaning their developers have time to play with whatever they like.
But did its have list what know works or not? So its possible to find it out?
https://reactos.org/wiki/Community_Changelog-0.4.15
That did not tell much, its hard to find compare with 0.4.13 https://reactos.org/wiki/Community_Changelog-0.4.13
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Again you just don't understand. If ReactOS was in the state Fedora was in it would be almost certainly well into Beta.

I am not going to bother to respond anymore, if you aren't going to listen nor try to open your brain.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7aChzUDLaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAJxUHKLWik

someone can come longer without to much issue. But not sure if pentium 4 or core 2 duo or atom is best platform to check for bugs or testing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-0np5fWG0
is easy to see virus get issue fast. but same for windows 10.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

I have tested it more now but still same usb and drivers issue.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Hi tryed latest build: reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-3132-g0535332-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.7z its look like keyboard\mouse did not works. But it works before.
I know latest build 3130 or later did not firefox 48 works very good?

Sorry but not to complan but reactos go backward not from the future.

x64 bits works but missing firefox and other adon program? Only that is happed Fat32 go to Btrfs filesystem But latest did break with install.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

LMH1 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:15 pm Sorry but not to complan but reactos go backward not from the future.
Feel free to flag your results but do understand that from week to week improvements from the user-perspective may be hard to find.

No need to complain, and I don't think you are really. Just understand that the latest builds will break things all the time. That is just how it is. Development of an Alpha grade o/s means possibly previously hacked together parts will be revisited and new code added/improved, unfortunately almost always along with new bugs and regressions. Watch JIRA to see if any changes are being made in this area and try again in a few weeks.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But can you help me to tell about future on ReactOS because i tryed to get way to be developer and tester for big operatingsystem but its hard, get messsage from you guy that they think i get baned becauce i give to much frustration about it.

Tryed to add Hardware monitor and cpu-ID to ReactOS app, and need information how to make bug case or its wasteless?
Because i think its wasteless to test ReactOS 0.4.13 its was released 10. apr. 2020.

So what to expect? is it better to make Patch fix? in preview build not break it down?
Because microsoft have slow ring and fast ring but but have less critical issue that ReactOS. Opensuse LEAP vs Opensuse Tumpleweed you see difference about bug with first time. Openmandriva its also a issue but have get much better after some year but issue i still znver1 distribution for (Ryzen/ThreadRipper/EPYC) but still issue with m.2 slot optimation and best performance, ubuntu 21.04 and Fedora 34 have less critical issue. So big distribution is better than less with optimation.

But i think we talk about long time to ReactOS support drivers to hardware for vista and later.
What about Steam\Orgin\GoG v2 galaxy? or did its only works for newer than windows vista?
Will reactOS only support 4 GB ram and 1 core forever what is reason for none multitreading? XP support more cores. But i think latest ryzen 5 5600x and i5-10600k and m.2 slot works slower.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

How can you fail to understand that ReactOS DOES NOT WORK? It is in Alpha which means it is not usable, it is only suited for testing and reporting bugs. So stop trying to use it. Also, can you just please shut up about Linux now. There is no comparison and you don't seem to understand that.

If you are banned for saying the same thing time and time again then the ban was correctly given. I think you must be bonkers as you fail to learn time and time again. My last response to you.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Sorry, LMH1, but the language barrier is no excuse here.
We explained you 3*10^8 times by now that the current state is what you can even read in my signature. ALPHA STATE. Here some reading about that state in your language: https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfaversjon
Read it, understand it and be happy with it!
You are free to tinker with it and report bugs. But not something like: Cyberpunk2077 does not work! I talk about proper reports: https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs

If you think you wanna just use ReactOS as a end user.... you are on your own! No support for end user complaints in alpha state!

If you think you have to flood us again and again with complaints just an end user would throw at us... yes, in then end I might have to ban you. Not because of any frustration, but because I want a clean forum here.

POST 4500, YAAAAAAY!!!!!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

How can you fail to understand that ReactOS DOES NOT WORK? It is in Alpha which means it is not usable, it is only suited for testing and reporting bugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkqt9jDJQ3E
So its possible to do testing in virtualbox\vmware player without issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rluGgjcXtEY

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
If you think you wanna just use ReactOS as a end user.... you are on your own! No support for end user complaints in alpha state!
Its must be allow to ask question? Issue for me i did not know where to start if firefox 48 fails with 16 GB of memory. What about gaming?

Did virtualalbox adon need to be installed becase i get only 3.5 gb ram on reactos.

Tryed to start reactOS x64 with 11211 mb ram its get black screen?
More than 4429 mb show as 332 mb ram?
Its also issue with 64 and diskspace its show wrong? used space 749 6 kb ( but reactos need 240 Mb.) at least.

Tryed to find convert C: /fs:Btrfs but that did not works in ReactOS. Did not find how much TB harddives can be with Btrfs in ReactOS normaly up to 16 EiB with UEFI bios as boot partion, but fat32 only 2 TB (with 512 byte sectors) 8 TB (with 2 KB sectors and 32 KB clusters) 16 TB (with 4 KB sectors and 64 KB clusters) with bios.
florian

Post by florian »

Wikipedia: "Alpha software may contain serious errors, and any resulting instability could cause crashes or data loss"...

Why does a certain application of mine not work under ReactOS?
"ReactOS is in alpha stage and not recommended for everyday use. Many applications do not work fully or correctly because many API calls simply haven't been implemented nor are the existing ones fully operational. To put it bluntly, ReactOS is in alpha and there are bugs. This may be the reason for your software not working - as you would expect."

How about Windows Vista™/7/8 or 10 programs and drivers?
"The original target for ReactOS with regard to driver and application compatibility was Microsoft Windows NT 4.0™. Since then, Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Win 7, 8 and Win10 have been released. All these are descendants of Windows NT. As such we can gradually shift our compatibility target without worrying about the architecture changing too much. In fact, internally Windows 2000 reports its version as Windows 5.0, XP as Windows 5.1, 2003 Server as Windows 5.2, and Vista as Windows 6.0. The ReactOS team currently targets Windows 2003 Server as the official compatibility target as 2003 Server has proven to be one of the most robust. The present compatibility target for ReactOS is Microsoft Windows Server 2003™ (NT 5.2). Features present in later versions of Windows NT™ based operating systems will also be implemented in ReactOS but this is lower priority until NT 5.2 compatibility is completed. Work is continually being done to implement newer NT6 APIs or to provide for their future implementation."

You don't want to play games like Cyberpunk2077 with an OS in such an alpha state! Please reread those links and don't expect a functional OS.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

To his excuse. Cyberpunk was just an example. ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

It is hardly alpha state, as the solution appears in "red shift", to use an astronomical term: it appears it moves away faster than progress is made, and hence, the "alpha" will never progress into "beta" or beyond. More correctly, it is just simply "experimental software inspired by the Windows NT series of OSes", realizing none of them in particular. It is like your neighbour's self-made rocket car, which may fire for 3 seconds on a well-defined, straight run track, but you would never take it to drive to work. - The difference between "alpha" and this is that "alpha" is "not ready YET", whereas this is "not ready EVER".
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Aeneas wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:57 am It is hardly alpha state, as the solution appears in "red shift", to use an astronomical term: it appears it moves away faster than progress is made, and hence, the "alpha" will never progress into "beta" or beyond. More correctly, it is just simply "experimental software inspired by the Windows NT series of OSes", realizing none of them in particular. It is like your neighbour's self-made rocket car, which may fire for 3 seconds on a well-defined, straight run track, but you would never take it to drive to work. - The difference between "alpha" and this is that "alpha" is "not ready YET", whereas this is "not ready EVER".
More crap from sh1t st1rrer Aeneas spouting his 'opinions'. We can do well without you two. Honestly, I no longer give a sh1t.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

It's OK if you no longer give a sh1t, but no insults when I can see it. Thank you ^^