ReactOS on HP mini 110c-1000

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

ReactOS on HP mini 110c-1000

Post by LMH1 »

Hi for first time i get ReactOS works with HP mini 110c-1000 without any issue (INTEL SSD) drives without any drivers.

But its look like issue with turn off computer get grew screen and networks and intel card did get poor images?
So nice but i hope some help to get its works better, older image did not works at boot after install. But need to take off battery after power off same happed with cmd command
Type "shutdown /s" to Shutdown your computer.
Did anyone have idea how to fix Wireless\cable and intel grapical card? Its shoud not take long time.. Because i think Atom and 2 GB ram and 128 GB intel SSD its best way to get reactos to works but did not think trim and other function works?

CPUID and hardware monitor works nice, but its did not works every time with USBSTOR\DiskGeneric_Flash_Disk______8.07 usb stick get bluescreen on boot and some isssue when usage, i also tryed open Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.9_Win_x86_install_nb that give bluescreen. I tryed to install HP_VGA_sp45770 but computer after reboot will not boot, recovery options did not works. its only give black screen after loading files, normaly boot give bluescreen.
Attachments
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG (886.36 KiB) Viewed 12578 times
IMG_1828.JPG
IMG_1828.JPG (956.02 KiB) Viewed 12578 times
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1829.JPG (906.58 KiB) Viewed 12578 times
Last edited by LMH1 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
dizt3mp3r

Re: ReactOS on HP mini 110c-1000

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Try and attach your images locally here otherwise they will not be shown.

If you have several issues it might be wiser to raise them individually.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:24 am Try and attach your images locally here otherwise they will not be shown.

If you have several issues it might be wiser to raise them individually.
Okey, but did you have idea because i find out yesteday if you install windows XP drivers its only will mess up boot so is that idea to avoid next time?

I find out https://reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.14
Its use Intel GMA 3600 i think https://reactos.org/wiki/Supported_Hardware/Video_cards
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I have no idea. I'm here to help you make your post understandable to others, that's all.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
oldman

Post by oldman »

My suggestions are:
1. Use a computer that is dedicated to testing ReactOS (not your 'every-day' computer).
2. Try one of the latest builds.

Not all of the drivers for the hardware are going to install and work (that is my experience). Try the drivers one by one; if a driver causes a problem, then do not install it next time. Just find the drivers that work and leave the rest for the future.

So far, I have only been able to install the LAN drivers for my HP Compaq test laptop and that was not via the driver setup software. I found that if I point the ReactOS Hardware Wizard to the XP folder where the unpacked driver files are (win32.cat, win32inf and xp32.sys), then the wizard would install the driver successfully.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Yes, but issue with drivers many use sp- number .exe files not with (win32.cat, win32inf and xp32.sys)
XP is outdated:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... 600-Series
https://www.atherosdrivers.com/atheros- ... 32bit.html
https://download-drivers.net/hp/laptop/ ... od-Battery
Try one of the latest builds.
Sorry but think https://reactos.org/getbuilds/ reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-2219-gd1d1260-x86-gcc-lin-rel.7z is more ustabile from usb stick reading that yesterday image? i also know x64 bits version did not boot for virualbox? can you confirm because its go backward.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Until ReactOS progresses and supports newer versions of Windows, you will need XP/2003 drivers; this applies to installing in real hardware, I don't know if it also applies to VMs.
All my HP drivers start with sp numbers .exe. When you run the executable, it unpacks the files into a folder with the same sp number, in there is where you will find the driver files that I quoted, this is true for the network card.

I test with the newer builds, either downloaded from the Getbuilds page or compiled locally and I have yet to get any USB device to be recognised on my HP Compaq laptop. The reason could be that there are no drivers installed for USB and I have not found any USB drivers from HP's driver download page.

The x64 version of ReactOS is not yet at the level of the x86 version; it is still a 'work in progress'.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But what build Number have less isssue? because i find 2 days build have less issue than today build, linux filesystem did not works to install reactos on it only fat32 why have filesystem that did not works?

I get issue with usb on 2 days late build so its better to have older build?
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

The btrfs issues are known. You should better use fat32.
Please keep in mind that these are development builds which may be more or less stable depending on the current developments. If you find a regression, you should bisect the builds and file a bug report and tell which commit breaks your working usb device. This makes developers easier to fix the problem.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Please keep in mind that these are development builds which may be more or less stable depending on the current developments. If you find a regression, you should bisect the builds and file a bug report and tell which commit breaks your working usb device. This makes developers easier to fix the problem.
But its hard to detect what is issue? Slow performance or freezing like issue? I know driver setup mess up things so not sure if i can get some help to find out why and i get that, i know its lot issue about drivers.

its also issue to go to my computer from windows get error
also issue with usb connected to virtualbox or laptop its slow things down?
Attachments
reactos bug.png
reactos bug.png (79.27 KiB) Viewed 12454 times
reactos slow.png
reactos slow.png (56.61 KiB) Viewed 12454 times
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Its latest build same as 4 days ago? i did not know what point to make new build with so less charges`?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The building is done automatically, incorporating recent changes. It will break things and it will fix things. It will be unstable, bear that in mind. Lower your expectations accordingly.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Yeah but Fedora 34 beta have less critical issue than reactOS, i hope i sometimes get tested it to find out its can be used without issue, i think atom and XP devices should be priorited. So did you have idea how to fix some of issue or its only vmware player or virtualbox only way to test?

Maybe in 10 years reactos come in beta? but not sure its will works with nvidia or AMD card older than its made for XP?
oldman

Post by oldman »

Comparing Fedora with ReactOS is not comparing like for like. And ReactOS is alpha and you are comparing with Fedora which you say is beta; not a fair comparison.

If want to help, then read the Layman's guides and you will find more info in the main wiki. Then test, capture debug logs and make reports in Jira.

But ReactOS desperately needs developers.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

LMH1 I am beginning to realise that you don't know what you are talking about. If you can't be bothered to investigate for yourself and find out the difference between alpha and beta software and due to this don't understand the implications of running Alpha s/w, then you aren't worth giving support to.

In addition, your comment regarding Fedora is so utterly uninformed. Fedora has a stable Linux kernel at its core and thus is at a far more advanced state of development than ReactOS, meaning their developers have time to play with whatever they like.

ReactOS is like a car under development - it CANNOT be driven. Do you get it now?