ReactOS for a Build Server?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

fedqx

ReactOS for a Build Server?

Post by fedqx »

Hello, I have a Windows Server 2019 build server and I want to switch to ReactOS but I have few questions:

(Note I researched about this before asking it here but most of info I could find were outdated)

1. Does ReactOS have a auto-updating (not requiring manual downloading and replacing the files) SSH server?
2. Does ReactOS have a built-in or reliable (UFW or pf) firewall ?
3. Does ReactOS have a RDP or a shell to manage and edit files?

I know ReactOS is still at Alpha but will theses features (If they are not implemented) be implemented in near future (<2 years)?

Thanks!
binarymaster

Re: ReactOS for a Build Server?

Post by binarymaster »

fedqx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:13 am 1. Does ReactOS have a auto-updating (not requiring manual downloading and replacing the files) SSH server?
2. Does ReactOS have a built-in or reliable (UFW or pf) firewall ?
3. Does ReactOS have a RDP or a shell to manage and edit files?
None of these out-of-box, except the explorer shell and text editor. (but you can try 3rd party software like VNC server)
fedqx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:13 am will theses features be implemented in near future (<2 years)?
We do not give estimates for completion for anything, as the project is mostly developed by volunteers.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

It's probably also worth pointing out that currently ROS only uses a single core and is 32-bit, thus effectively limited to 4 GB of RAM.
fedqx

Post by fedqx »

karlexceed wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:26 pm only uses a single core and is 32-bit, thus effectively limited to 4 GB of RAM.
That's a big road block for me, I guess I have to wait for multi-core and 64 bit support. There is also a lot more important stuff the developers must be working on I guess, I have to wait for a long time it seems. Thanks for letting me know.