The most updated list of the best coolers for camping is revealed

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

khaldrogo

Microkernel shim error for ReactOS or Windows NT

Post by khaldrogo »

Hello,
Is it possible to develop a patch for the ROS kernel that attaches to a micro-channel APIs such as seL4?
L4Linux is a similar instance in that Linux and all its modules run as a process on L4. This will act as a form of paravirtualization.

I'm an open source and I don't really know much about Windows, so maybe this is stupid - but if such a patch is developed, can one unlink the malicious NTOSKRNL binary rights and replace required processes with L4-patched-ROS ones?
Windows can connect to UIO devices instead of having to deal with VT-d!

This all depends on the assumptions, as ReactOS is currently working to support NT 5.2 (?)
Special thanks!!!
Last edited by khaldrogo on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Microkernel shim error for ReactOS or Windows NT

Post by hbelusca »

khaldrogo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:07 amcan one unlink the malicious NTOSKRNL binary rights
I'm not sure we condone gratuitous trolling claims without any actual proof of those claims.
irony

Post by irony »

I'm an open source and I don't really know much about Windows, so maybe this is stupid
he is an open source and he admits, he doesn't know much about Windows, so he admits he might sound stupid. let him either rephrase what he really is talking about or, if he was trying to troll, then yeah, "he is open source", so moving on.
q.michal

Post by q.michal »

I want to see his source code!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...