reactos priority? or mess?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

reactos priority? or mess?

Post by LMH1 »

Hi i must ask:
[ external image ]
That happed after i try to upgrade firefox to newer version who will use firefox 48 or old to day? why not remove that or use chrome or other browser?

I did not know what goal for reactos is but i hope 84.0.2 or later?
https://www.howtogeek.com/700229/adobe-flash-is-dead%C2%A0heres-what-that-means/
Why is not flash player removed?

Sorry but i did not have trust that reactos will never be option to ubuntu or fedora, or windows 10.
Its possible to buy windows 10 https://gamekeys.no/produkt/windows-10-professional/?dTribesID=qxmAtVTfWFEVuM2VZL89PN8tTksEJImh%7Cadtribes%7C3278&utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=GameKeys-GoogleFeed-NO&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=3278&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt_jT7qag7gIVDLayCh0iqwojEAQYASABEgLKg_D_BwE

only install steam make bluescreen.
[ external image ]

So hope someone can make how to guide how to upgrade firefox, how to install steam on reactos, how add drivers?
I not use if SFP+ or QSFP+ (mellonox connect X or other10 gigabit or 2.5 gigabit card) will newer support ReactOS? or 64 bits operatingsystem or more than one core? If so its better with linux or windows 10.

ReactOS workstation or server?
[ external image ]
Did that matter or did both have same programs and files?

Upgrade failed:
[ external image ]

Sorry its not for to compare with linux, but issue with linux have no Bethesda Launcher | Bethesda.net support or GOG galaxy v2 support other than wine HQ but i think its more easy to get this works in linux than ReactOS.
ReactOS did not support ipv6. Not sure that NTFS is very good supported.

Screensaver did not works very well or?
[ external image ]
I think you should change reactos Rock with reactos sucks.
Last edited by LMH1 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binarymaster

Re: reactos priority? or mess?

Post by binarymaster »

LMH1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm That happed after i try to upgrade firefox to newer version who will use firefox 48 or old to day? why not remove that or use chrome or other browser?
Remove what? The performed upgrade is the action done by you. Community users are pretty aware of that and don't go this way.

There are other browsers are available in Applications Manager as well.
LMH1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm Why is not flash player removed?
Maybe because it still works here?
LMH1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm only install steam make bluescreen.
ReactOS is in Alpha development stage. This means no guarantees of any kind.
LMH1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm ReactOS workstation or server?
[ external image ]
Did that matter or did both have same programs and files?
It matters for the third party software you run. Some programs do check the system type and won't run if you have server edition.
LMH1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm Sorry its not for to compare with linux, ...but i think its more easy to get this works in linux than ReactOS.
Nobody forces you to use ReactOS instead of your preferable operating system, especially while ReactOS is in Alpha development stage.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

ReactOS is in Alpha development stage. This means no guarantees of any kind.
That i hear before, but i think you should say what can reactos be used to this times?
Its anything without app manager that get works?

I realy hope reactOS be good operating any time but i think if they did not add 64 bits its wasteless.
Add 54k modem support did not help much? say its 1 gigabit speed with one cpu core?

i try to get nvidia drivers to works but i think its waste of time.

Sorry but windows vista and windows 95\ME and windows XP its still ended of support and still poor operatingsystem so not sure what we say about reactos?

Sorry i try to get answer how to get support without get tired, because i did know much that works as expected on ReactOS.
I know openmandriva have a lot bugs before, but its not so poor than reactos.
I think i come longer with OpenMandrivaLx.4.2-RC-plasma.znver1.iso or OpenMandrivaLx.4.2-RC-plasma.x86_64.iso
oldman

Post by oldman »

In reply to LMH1.

ReactOS is being developed to be compatible with with Windows XP/2003.

The reason that Firefox 84 does not work, is because, like other software developers, they have dropped support for XP/2003.

The software in the Application manager, has worked, should work and if it does not, then there is a bug stopping it working.

There is a 64 bit version of ReactOS being developed, but it is not ready yet, even for any software testing.

There are not a lot of developers working on ReactOS, so development progress is slow.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

ReactOS is being developed to be compatible with with Windows XP/2003.
But its have some features with windows vista and newer.
Sorry but can think goal for reactos is 20 year operatingsystem?

I hope windows XP 2015 mediacenter edition at least?

Because i did not think what is need to XP? because is out of support and did not have safety and support as windows 10.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 4f1cd1dfa8
Its did not suppot DX12 ultimate or vulcan or much hardware after vista?
So what is reason to make system that did not works on todays computer? For computer that is more than 20 years old? funny or not?

I am sure that AVG 2021 or other zonealarm did not works on XP?
So use old version or use what? ccleaner need Requires Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

So what can use with XP longer? https://8gadgetpack.net/ Sorry i think you latest need windows 7 support.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Do you think that the real MS Windows have been developed by just 10 active developers? And linux?
florian

Post by florian »

LMH1, I understand your impatience.

But with just two paid developers we should lower our expectations. Compared to Windows, Linux and BSD it is a leisure project. A wonderful and quit succesful one considering the complexity of developing a binary-compatible Open-Source "Windows". As a result it is, of course, still alpha - and its status won't change in the near future. Unfortunately.

All in all I believe that our developers do a fantastic job during their leisure time in coding, explorigng undocumented Windows APIs and collaborating with WINE.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Am I the only one being annoyed by ppl who get something for free and still can only complain!? If you wanna see faster progress, then support us. Tell others about ROS, tell devs about ROS, develop yourself, help with bug reports or regression testing. If you don't wanna... fine, but then stop demanding stuff. Sounds like a insult otherwise!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

EmuandCo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:32 pm Am I the only one being annoyed by ppl who get something for free and still can only complain!? If you wanna see faster progress, then support us. Tell others about ROS, tell devs about ROS, develop yourself, help with bug reports or regression testing. If you don't wanna... fine, but then stop demanding stuff. Sounds like a insult otherwise!
I think the same!

And: What is so hard to understand of "ReactOS is still in alpha stage."
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

EmuandCo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:32 pm Am I the only one being annoyed by ppl who get something for free and still can only complain!? If you wanna see faster progress, then support us. Tell others about ROS, tell devs about ROS, develop yourself, help with bug reports or regression testing. If you don't wanna... fine, but then stop demanding stuff. Sounds like a insult otherwise!
ReactOS did not have plan what they did want to add or not, so only to make faster progress is to make money to add more? try to get company to pay, why did they pay linux enterprice linux instead of reactos? its not hard to find out. Make reactOS free to peaple but cost company money?

I can not find any project that fail to much than linux and reactos.
Before we have mandriva powerpack or suse linux professional but to day its only higher cost with redhat enterprice linux or Suse enterprice linux.
ITs not need for tell why Mac OSX and windows 10 have most of users?
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

LMH1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 amReactOS did not have plan what they did want to add or not, so only to make faster progress is to make money to add more? try to get company to pay, why did they pay linux enterprice linux instead of reactos? its not hard to find out. Make reactOS free to peaple but cost company money?

I can not find any project that fail to much than linux and reactos.
Before we have mandriva powerpack or suse linux professional but to day its only higher cost with redhat enterprice linux or Suse enterprice linux.
ITs not need for tell why Mac OSX and windows 10 have most of users?
I wish I would understand a single word of that. Your English is hard to understand.
And what are you talking about Mandriva Linux? This is the ReactOS forum so why talk about Linux? [EDIT: To clarify this: You can talk all year about Linux, and you may have a reason, but I don't understand that reason.]
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Because Linux its a lot more that works, one things is Wine, but i think you can install more windows XP or windows 10 program in wine HQ that you can in reactos without get bluescreen, so i think its better to pay developer in linux than ReactOS i did not how much its may cost to get windows 10 support in linux but i think that less cost than get ReactOS to be like windows 10 only free option. Add games and other things to works more easy i think example Doom enternal its more easy to get works in linux than reactos. Because reactos did not support nvidia drivers or vulcan or OpenGL 4.1

I did not know about safety if program get stabile but i think ReactOS have more safety issue than windows XP sp3 or later?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

He is just criticising ReactOS, he has an opinion and he is simply voicing it. He does not want to discuss nor learn, he has made his own mind up about ReactOS and wants to tell us. Unsure why.

So don't try to understand his words. They are the usual set of negative opinions you may find anywhere. No need to elaborate further.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

If Linux had only "supporters" that asked things to be done without actually implementing them properly, Linux wouldn't be where it is now and you would not be using it as well.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

hbelusca wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:12 pm If Linux had only "supporters" that asked things to be done without actually implementing them properly, Linux wouldn't be where it is now and you would not be using it as well.
Linux is not perfect, try nvidia-driver-455 need nvidia-driver-460
nvidia nvidia-dkms-460
nvidia-driver-460
nvidia-driver-455

Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Get i when i use kernel 5.10.0-051000rc6-generic (x86_64)

If you have tryed games bethesda launcher windows 10 app in wine HQ but issue with it its can not install windows 10 games in linux, Same can say about proton its poor support.

But i did not think its can be tested on ReactOS.