virtio scsi and virtio network adapter

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

soheilsh

virtio scsi and virtio network adapter

Post by soheilsh »

hi please add virtio hdd scsi and virtio net driver in reactos , thanks
sdever

Re: virtio scsi and virtio network adapter

Post by sdever »

Hi, we accept patches :)
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

virtio-net is already there
soheilsh

Post by soheilsh »

Jedi-to-be wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:52 pm virtio-net is already there
no , please see picture attach
middings

Post by middings »

I wondered how the OP could have discovered that virtio is already included in ReactOS builds. I used the search string "site:reactos.org virtio" with the DuckDuckGo web search engine. Unfortunately, the results returned on the first page were not helpful to me. The second link returned was a doxygen page that suggests that virtio files are included in ReactOS builds. However, I am not a fluent speaker of doxygen.

I also went to the ReactOS.org home page and hunted for an obvious link to installation instructions. I guessed that a mention of virtio might be there. That was a bad guess.

Finally, from the ReactOS.org home page I clicked on the Wiki link. When the ReactOS Development Wiki page appeared I chose the topic Installing ReactOS in the Testing portion of the page. No mention of virtio appeared on that page. Neither the ReactOS Wiki's Virtualization Software page nor the pages for the virtualization products listed on that page mention virtio.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

middings wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm I wondered how the OP could have discovered that virtio is already included in ReactOS builds. I used the search string "site:reactos.org virtio" with the DuckDuckGo web search engine.
Wow, you spent so much time searching in wrong places...

Why not search in the places that are guaranteed updated daily, such as GitHub repository, our own git mirror, or the community chat?

- https://github.com/reactos/reactos/sear ... ype=issues
- https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git& ... p&s=virtio
- https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git& ... t&s=netkvm
- https://chat.reactos.org/reactos/pl/upp ... g7ycpeu3ny
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

soheilsh wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am
Jedi-to-be wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:52 pm virtio-net is already there
no , please see picture attach
1. ReactOS exact version number or build? Should be shown right on the desktop in the right bottom corner.

2.In the recent ReactOS versions, virtio-net driver is integrated into ReactOS and should be installed automatically "out of the box"
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

middings wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm I wondered how the OP could have discovered that virtio is already included in ReactOS builds. I used the search string "site:reactos.org virtio" with the DuckDuckGo web search engine. Unfortunately, the results returned on the first page were not helpful to me. The second link returned was a doxygen page that suggests that virtio files are included in ReactOS builds. However, I am not a fluent speaker of doxygen.

I also went to the ReactOS.org home page and hunted for an obvious link to installation instructions. I guessed that a mention of virtio might be there. That was a bad guess.

Finally, from the ReactOS.org home page I clicked on the Wiki link. When the ReactOS Development Wiki page appeared I chose the topic Installing ReactOS in the Testing portion of the page. No mention of virtio appeared on that page. Neither the ReactOS Wiki's Virtualization Software page nor the pages for the virtualization products listed on that page mention virtio.
Feel free to update any or all of those places with the updated information.
middings

Post by middings »

learn_more wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm
middings wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm I wondered how the OP could have discovered that virtio is already included in ReactOS builds.
Feel free to update any or all of those places with the updated information.
I do feel free to update the ReactOS Wiki. But I do so on only for topics that I know something about.