ReactOS for ARM

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

yadayada

ReactOS for ARM

Post by yadayada »

Hello,
Now that Windows runs on ARM SoCs, when will ReactOS begin to plan for that architecture as well?
Better sooner than later, right?
gonzoMD

Re: ReactOS for ARM

Post by gonzoMD »

Right! At least if someone, who is skilled enough, comes and implements it soon. Maybe it's time for you to submit a first pull request? Better sooner than later, right?
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

Yeah, I would love to see ReactOS on all CPU architectures, too. I also would love to see 64bit ReactOS, UEFI ReactOS, Win10 ReactOS etc. But I know that the current ROS developers are doing a pretty good job. They concentrate on the doable/possible. If I ever get skilled enough to support ROS development (and still have time as I have now), I will probably do.

Wish lists are a classical Christmas tradition, but Santa probably isn't part of the ROS dev crew... So wish lists won't lead us anywhere imho.

Greetings
Peter
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

yadayada ReactOS is Free, it is open source, all you need to do is port the code to ARM, simple eh? Get cracking.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

yadayada wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:07 am Hello,
Now that Windows runs on ARM SoCs, when will ReactOS begin to plan for that architecture as well?
Better sooner than later, right?
hi have a look at this https://reactos.org/wiki/ARM_Port and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17977