ReactOS for ARM

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

yadayada

ReactOS for ARM

Post by yadayada »

Hello,
Now that Windows runs on ARM SoCs, when will ReactOS begin to plan for that architecture as well?
Better sooner than later, right?
gonzoMD

Re: ReactOS for ARM

Post by gonzoMD »

Right! At least if someone, who is skilled enough, comes and implements it soon. Maybe it's time for you to submit a first pull request? Better sooner than later, right?
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

Yeah, I would love to see ReactOS on all CPU architectures, too. I also would love to see 64bit ReactOS, UEFI ReactOS, Win10 ReactOS etc. But I know that the current ROS developers are doing a pretty good job. They concentrate on the doable/possible. If I ever get skilled enough to support ROS development (and still have time as I have now), I will probably do.

Wish lists are a classical Christmas tradition, but Santa probably isn't part of the ROS dev crew... So wish lists won't lead us anywhere imho.

Greetings
Peter
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

yadayada ReactOS is Free, it is open source, all you need to do is port the code to ARM, simple eh? Get cracking.
Skillset: VMS sysadmin 20 years, fault Tolerance, cluster, Vax, Alpha, ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB6, NET, PHP, JS, CMS, Graphics, Project Manager, DOS, Windows admin from 1985. Quad Electronics. Classic cars & motorbikes. Artist watercolours. Historian.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

yadayada wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:07 am Hello,
Now that Windows runs on ARM SoCs, when will ReactOS begin to plan for that architecture as well?
Better sooner than later, right?
hi have a look at this https://reactos.org/wiki/ARM_Port and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17977