ReactOS 0.4.13 Crashes in Qemu

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

yadayada

ReactOS 0.4.13 Crashes in Qemu

Post by yadayada »

Hi folks,
Running in Qemu has been broken for a long time. As of late I tried booting ReactOS in Qemu 5.2.

It crashes when the video card is VGA and when it is Cirrus.
I'd attached a screenshot but the forum doesn't allow it.

When will it be fixed?
oldman

Re: ReactOS 0.4.13 Crashes in Qemu

Post by oldman »

To add an image, you need to be in the full editor, then look outside the editor at the bottom left, you should see 2 tabs [Options] [Attachments]. Click on the Attachments tab, then the Add files button.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

yadayada wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:06 am Running in Qemu has been broken for a long time. As of late I tried booting ReactOS in Qemu 5.2.
When will it be fixed?
It won't necessarily be fixed at all with ReactOS unless the bug is in ReactOS. If it runs in other VMs then it may be Qemu that needs to be fixed, when you have analysed the bug and determined where it lies then raise it with the Qemu team and perhaps come back here to report.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
yadayada

Post by yadayada »

oldman wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:22 pm To add an image, you need to be in the full editor, then look outside the editor at the bottom left, you should see 2 tabs [Options] [Attachments]. Click on the Attachments tab, then the Add files button.
There is no such tab for me. There is only Options.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I am not 100% sure of the limited rights of <10 valid posts ppl, but maybe... It's not there for sure. In theory even drag drop to full editor or copy paste should work if you have the according rights already.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

yadayada wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:06 am Hi folks,
Running in Qemu has been broken for a long time. As of late I tried booting ReactOS in Qemu 5.2.

It crashes when the video card is VGA and when it is Cirrus.
I'd attached a screenshot but the forum doesn't allow it.

When will it be fixed?
hi what operating system are you running? and where did you download your copy of Qemu? what is your Qemu config? do you get any error messages?