msvbvm60.dll

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bamm

msvbvm60.dll

Post by bamm »

Hi, is there a possibility for a future version of ReactOS to include msvbvm60.dll? Many installers omit this ever since XP included it by default.

gonzoMD

Re: msvbvm60.dll

Post by gonzoMD »

Sure. If anyone intends to implement this component. This did not happen yet. For now the VB runtime can be downloaded via rapps.

bamm

Post by bamm »

Thanks for the quick reply. What does it take to implement this? Maybe I can study some C so I can try to do it myself. I have no idea though how complicated this will be. (I only know JavaScript and VB6, some perl and python that I used for a cgi-bin; oh I learned some Fortran back in university, but I don't know how this will be useful)

I know that it can be downloaded (I actually have a saved copy that I use when needed), but I'm thinking it might make it easier for some potential users who may not be as informed as me if I can reimplement it so it will be there by default.

learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

You might wanna start here:
https://github.com/cocus/openmsvbvm

bamm

Post by bamm »

Wow. Looks complicated. I'm gonna study it and see if I can learn enough to contribute something.

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi you are better to have the VB Run-times install to the root of the application folder to prevent compatibility problems with other applications