[SUGGESTION] What about a (free) CodeGuru review?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Patchworks

[SUGGESTION] What about a (free) CodeGuru review?

Post by Patchworks »

1st of all this is NOT a promotional post, I simply believe that the opportunity to exploit the 90-day free of charge trial period should be used, since their code optimizer AI has been feeded with GitHub (maybe ReactOS too) projects' sources.
What is Amazon CodeGuru ?
It is a machine learning service for automated code reviews and application performance recommendations. It helps you find the most expensive lines of code that hurt application performance and keep you up all night troubleshooting, then gives you specific recommendations to fix or improve your code.
More info: https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/29/amaz ... ilability/

Hope that helps/inspires.

dizt3mp3r

Re: [SUGGESTION] What about a (free) CodeGuru review?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Perhaps, code reviews might be better performed when we have a more finished product with some comprehensive code to review. At the moment lots of ReactOS is simply unfinished, subject to regular rewrite or just plain missing.
Skillset: VMS sysadmin 20 years, fault Tolerance, cluster, Vax, Alpha, ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB6, NET, PHP, JS, CMS, Graphics, Project Manager, DOS, Windows admin from 1985. Quad Electronics. Classic cars & motorbikes. Artist watercolours. Historian.

ROCKNROLLKID

Re: [SUGGESTION] What about a (free) CodeGuru review?

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Ya, I don't think it's really necessary. If they were going to do it just for the 90 day fee charge, they would need someone using it full-time. Plus they already got quite a few analyzers, msvc and gcc come with some, plus they got coverity and I think even someone used cppcheck in the past. Also we got the upcoming bochspwn-reloaded and syzkaller that their 2 gsoc students are working on.