Summer of Code 2006

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bratao

Post by bratao »

I know nothing, but i FEEL like the guy who will make the printer spooler abandon the task

If this really true, its a very big lost, this is the primordial feature to make Ros usable to some users(office users)
keytotime

Post by keytotime »

He has abandoned the task. Also the login manager has been abandoned. :evil: :(

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/S ... _Code_2006
http://code.google.com/soc/reactos/about.html
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

Some few Information on rdesktop port:
dev-blog
Screenshot

see also svn commit 23196
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Please dont jump to decisions untill and unless a "developer" says so.....
keytotime

Post by keytotime »

I'm am saying that they are abandoned by google, they are no longer SOC projects. Also the MSGINA clone blog has had it's last entry on Wed, 2006-05-31.
bratao

Post by bratao »

Fragment found on Reactos status report:

ReactOS participation in Google Summer Of Code
First of all, I would like to thank Google a lot for their effort of supporting FOSS community by providing such a beautiful thing as Summer Of Code.
ReactOS was approved for participation in SoC. We were given 4 project slots, however during midterm evaluation, we had to set unsatisfactory mark to 2 students, because they didn’t complete even the initial phase of the project, leaving currently two projects: Remote Desktop client application by Michele Cicciotti, which is the best moving project, it already has current progress in ReactOS SVN repository, and Clipboard Server API implementation, which is progressing slower than Remote Desktop client, however there is progress and student’s will to finish the project.
These are very valuable projects not only for ReactOS, but for users too. So we wish our best luck to those students to complete projects in time.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

ReactOS Status Report has a text passage about SoC status (only two projects are still active):
http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trun ... oc?view=co
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

That status report should be linked on the main page, I think. It's very interesting and it's the first time I see it.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

ThePhysicist wrote:That status report should be linked on the main page, I think. It's very interesting and it's the first time I see it.
It will, as soon as it is ready.
aeridus

Post by aeridus »

That's a pity about those two projects, at least ReactOS still has two to hang on to...
forart

Post by forart »

bratao wrote:Remote Desktop client application by Michele Cicciotti, which is the best moving project, it already has current progress in ReactOS SVN repository
[ external image ]
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

frik85 wrote:
ThePhysicist wrote:That status report should be linked on the main page, I think. It's very interesting and it's the first time I see it.
Why wouldn't it be ready as it is right now? I've read it and I found it very interesting.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Cristan wrote:
frik85 wrote:
Why wouldn't it be ready as it is right now? I've read it and I found it very interesting.
ReactOS status report for July 2006 (posted on 2006-07-26):
http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/news_page_21.html
Peter

Post by Peter »

just FYI: I have _NOT_ abandoned the print spooler task, it's just that progress is slower than I would have wanted and due to unforeseen personal circumstances (as well as exams) I didn't have the time to dedicate to it.

Also in my initial examinations of the print spooler I thought I'd be able to work out the function prototypes for the (undocumented) interface between the spooler rpc stub and the spooler router without dirty reversing.
keytotime

Post by keytotime »

That is amazing news mate. Thank you. :D :D