ReactOs need find place in world [IDEA]

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

root

ReactOs need find place in world [IDEA]

Post by root »

You need find own place in market because right now i just install ReactOS on Virutalbox every year or 2 and see what changes that all.
I got really unsolved issues that i can't jump like incompatibility games like gorky 17 that i will to play but only solution that i find is to install win xp or win 7 on USB stick and use it. Or old software office in company that i work and have really use in old win xp VMs.

THIS IS MY IDEA:
You have to solve some people problems:

ReactOS RDP server:
- Give people options to run ReactOS on Esxi, Vmware, Hype-v
- Run own RDP server in reactOS multiple sessions so i can run Hyper-v then connect and use browser or some old software that need.
- create virtual storage that can be mounted on my computer folder or use linux so if somthing happens i can have files that i work. Also feature like use rights will be awesome
- create something like in GUI for snapshot install some apps click in ReactOSClient create snapshot or backup files to my folder
- Create RDP-SVR like forwarding of X in SSH
- Create GUI to ReactRDPSVR++ for mac linux windows - simple you install exe file on win 10 then run GUI software type login password and you have options to manage software to install make snapshot or backup to my own machine. Then click connect its open Office 2003 like i was using it on my own computer i can save file to local dirs or some emulation that allow me save it on "network storage that other users from Vm can use".
- create list on ReactWebiste that anybody can add own software to priority lisy
- ssh server with user right htop mc and package manager

What problem that solve how people can use it:
- Some people can use it in strange way like RDP access to browser.
- runing untrust software just copy exe to network storage that are on ReactOS connect by ReactOS client type password login and use it as it was installed on own machine.
- company that have win xp software can install many ReactOSvr community edition create user that connect by TCP then when type password login taken from i.e local auth run uncompatybile software like it was running own own machine.
- some company use linux but they need run some windows software i know Wine but really need some other simple solutions

Developers developer developers developers RDP RDP RDP RDP esxi esx exsi Hyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-V forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos

[ external image ]
karlexceed

Re: ReactOs need find place in world [IDEA]

Post by karlexceed »

root wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 pm games like gorky 17
This game looks like it should work in theory. I don't see any tickets in the issue tracker for it?
root wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 pm ReactOS RDP server
Your proposal is basically to finish the 'server' version of the Windows OS. Once Samba/network storage and the RDP server are working, your suggestions here are pretty much taken care of. This is mostly all planned work already.
root wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 pm Developers developer developers developers RDP RDP RDP RDP esxi esx exsi Hyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-VHyper-V forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos forward x ssh over Ractos
Is this some sort of SEO or something? You misspelled "ReactOS", by the way.
cb88

Re: ReactOs need find place in world [IDEA]

Post by cb88 »

Well... the "Developers developer developers developers" is obviously in reference to steve balmer's marketing enthusiasm....