Install ReactOS in Vmware Workstation on Ryzen 5 1600x

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lion_Smith

Install ReactOS in Vmware Workstation on Ryzen 5 1600x

Post by Lion_Smith »

Good day to all.
I have question.
You have been writing this system for so many years, but there are still such strong bugs.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
No, of course I can remove the product Vmware and install a VirtualBox, but why?
I have no words ...
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Install ReactOS in Vmware Workstation on Ryzen 5 1600x

Post by EmuandCo »

See my signature. I have NO words that you come by lamenting that a few hobby coders cannot write a whole OS ready for rocket science in a few years. You really should rethink what you are saying before posting. Otherwise reactions like mine will be the friendlier ones.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
justincase

Post by justincase »

Looking at your screenshots, it looks like you may have found a bug in VMWare Workstation.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Lion_Smith

Post by Lion_Smith »

justincase wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:17 am Looking at your screenshots, it looks like you may have found a bug in VMWare Workstation.
I like to install and test all sorts of systems. The collection has a lot of things even At&T Unix System V Release 4, SCO Xenix 386 Operating System, MS Xenix, MacOS 6 and more. Almost everything compatible with x86 architecture is being installed. With torment, but install.
Early versions of ReactOS were also installed. There were crashes already during the installation process (GUI) or even during the formatting process (i think some problems with large disks drivers), but so that the OS does not even reach the boot installation stage - this is the first time.
By the way, I found a problem. This problem occurs when using SATA in VM configuration. In the case of using the IDE, the installation proceeds normally.
I have an old Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop with 1GB of memory. I'll try to install it.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Lion_Smith wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm By the way, I found a problem. This problem occurs when using SATA in VM configuration. In the case of using the IDE, the installation proceeds normally.
So it's a bug in VMware's SATA emulation. It would be nice if you report this problem to their support, so they can fix it.