0.4.13 Testing

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

0.4.13 Testing

Post by EmuandCo »

We have another release coming up! Please support us in testing for regressions.

https://reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.13

Thanks!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Kidplayer_666

Re: 0.4.13 Testing

Post by Kidplayer_666 »

Where do I sign up?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Wiki should be open to edit. But I recommend to hop ontop Mattermost chat and get in touch with the testers first
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

I tested ReactOS more than 5 years ago, and discovered it was quite useless for me, it didn't support my usb-mouse.
After testing this latest release (on modern hardware), it still can't support a basic usb mouse...is this a joke? In the device manager, it even states I have ps/2 mouse which is working???
This should have been the first absolute high priority thing to fix, because this will make people disappear silently. If the basics is not in place, most people don't even bother to mention it, they just go look for alternatives = ReactOS will never reach the masses to accelerate and you will be in beta for the next 20 years too.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

You are free to fix it if you can so perfectly differentiate between difficult work and joke here. The first impression you show here sums up that you are 100% sure it's a simple thing to do... Or that you have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about... So if you are so sure, why don't you join us and create a pull request? If you are not sure, I strongly recommend you to first think about what you are sayin. Here are some ppl who just wait for a such a lovely toy to tear apart with facts. Ah and btw this is the first and only verbal warning I give you. I approved your post against all rules to give you a way to explain yourself. Do so now or be gone forever! If your explanation is not sufficient I am happily accepting ppl like you to silently leave.

Edit. Your other posts are on hold until your explaination arrived.

learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

timekeeper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm I tested ReactOS more than 5 years ago, and discovered it was quite useless for me, it didn't support my usb-mouse.
After testing this latest release (on modern hardware), it still can't support a basic usb mouse...is this a joke? In the device manager, it even states I have ps/2 mouse which is working???
This should have been the first absolute high priority thing to fix, because this will make people disappear silently. If the basics is not in place, most people don't even bother to mention it, they just go look for alternatives = ReactOS will never reach the masses to accelerate and you will be in beta for the next 20 years too.
Ah yes, we needed to read your mind 5 years ago, and discover this way that your mouse was not working?
then, this should be our number one priority, because the entire world revolves around you, and it is absolutely important that something that you can try for free works perfectly fine for you.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Timekeeper, are you a joke? Your uninformed comment says a lot about your ability to understand what Alpha means. Do you live in a house prior to the roof being built and then complain about the rain coming in? You have a lot to learn.

USB is NOT the basics... How utterly sad.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

What's the matter here, didn't you want feedback or just can't take any kind of critics? I just mentioned what will make ReactOS lose users help testing and giving feedback...something that everybody needs (a mouse). Seriously, without this functionality after so many years, you ain't getting attention. How should I know wether it's a complicated/easy thing to implement, are only developers welcome to speak up? If you don't want to hear the truth you will not develop a user base, and then I am just one of those trolls destroying the fun...come on guys.
oldman

Post by oldman »

timekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm What's the matter here, didn't you want feedback or just can't take any kind of critics?
Constructive feedback, I would say yes, but writing comments like this
it still can't support a basic usb mouse...is this a joke?
is not constructive. It is insulting to the developers.

My advice is, to read what you write and even re-read, before you activate the Submit button.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

oldman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:06 am
timekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm What's the matter here, didn't you want feedback or just can't take any kind of critics?
Constructive feedback, I would say yes, but writing comments like this
it still can't support a basic usb mouse...is this a joke?
is not constructive. It is insulting to the developers.

My advice is, to read what you write and even re-read, before you activate the Submit button.
Perfectly said. 100% 2nded by me :D
Coming here, insulting the project and the devs and then expect a friendly "Hi" is far away from what to be expected.

binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

timekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm I just mentioned what will make ReactOS lose users help testing and giving feedback...
An alpha grade project does not need users, it needs developers who fix bugs. Also it needs testers, who have at least basic debugging skills.
timekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm Seriously, without this functionality after so many years, you ain't getting attention.
We don't need this kind of feedback, it's not helpful in any way.
dizt3mp3r wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 pm Your uninformed comment says a lot about your ability to understand what Alpha means.
oldman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:06 am but writing comments like this is not constructive. It is insulting to the developers.
Double that.
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

Ok, I think you now understand I am not here to be negative to the project itself...the reason I "insult" (= write in drastic way) is just to make you 100% aware what you might not see while occupied fixing all the other things that sure will be needed too...someday...

I think I read you cooperate on code with linux on the wine-project, and all linux distros have perfect mouse support...hmmm?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

OK, you "think" that ReactOS aka Windows core is identical to Linux core or how do I have to understand that last sentence?! I hope you do not, otherwise the discussion is over I fear. Ah and btw, we are very aware of what in ROS is finished and what not, so no need for your "drastic" writing.

dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Timekeeper, read the FAQ before you talk any more. Your words are currently like those of a child, no meaning above the basics, no real knowledge behind them, just uninformed not entirely applicable words. Read the FAQ, do some research and come back when you know what you are talking about.

At the moment it feels like arguing with someone with utterly no idea of what they are discussing. If I were you I would find this all a little embarrassing especially when you come to the realisation that you don't what you are talking about.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

timekeeper wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 pm you cooperate on code with linux on the wine-project, and all linux distros have perfect mouse support
This statement alone makes it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. What does Wine have to do with mouse support? Nothing.