Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cristan

Post by Cristan »

Now that the auditing is now nicely done in the background, and we now have a nice small, working auditing bar in a less prominent position, let's put the focus back to the REAL important things in life! ;)

Does anybody have any idea how long it's going to take untill 0.3? There are just a lot of very promising things I'd love to try out.

I assume there are still developers working on it, or are most of them busy to get the audit done?
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

The latest svn commits are mostly audit but some other things are dne from tme to time (wine sync, translations, work on cachemanager, imagesoft)
(you can look at the commits at http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/ReactOS)
Sirmatto

Re: 0.3

Post by Sirmatto »

Cristan wrote:Does anybody have any idea how long it's going to take untill 0.3?
A look at the wiki shows that all planned features, except a working IM client, are accomplished, and I remember a dev saying this was negligable. The only blocker bug still open is one dealing with an undetected floppy drive. So with pretty much everything in place, 0.3 should be along very soon.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

we need to get the network control panel working.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

ged wrote:we need to get the network control panel working.
And the bug in the DHCP for Default Gateway and DNS. http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1291 It says it affects Realtech but it really affects all network cards that I have tried.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

I think we want to audit all asm first.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

ReactOS .3.0.

I must have it. Daddy needs his medicine.

When... when...?! :cry:
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Dr. Fred wrote:I think we want to audit all asm first.
No way, that could take months maybe years.

0.3.0 is almost ready to go. We just need to fix ncpa and do some heavy testing.
GaeTaN

Post by GaeTaN »

Ged wrote:
Dr. Fred wrote:I think we want to audit all asm first.
No way, that could take months maybe years.

0.3.0 is almost ready to go. We just need to fix ncpa and do some heavy testing.
Sorry to be weird with that, but will it include FULL usb support for mouse and keyboard (by full I mean all usb keyboard and mouse work), i've already tried the live cd, and this is the only thing that keeps me from testing ros without qemu/vmware (everything was loaded, but i couldn't do anything without keyboard and mouse)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

IIRC I think that usb support is a 0.4 goal.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Ged, what does the ncpa.cpl look like in ROS?
Go Huskers!
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

MadRat wrote:Ged, what does the ncpa.cpl look like in ROS?
Exactly like the Windows one.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Well, ncpa.cpl is different for each version of Windows, so your answer is really being general. Was hoping for more detail, like NT 4.0 look versus the XP look. :)
Go Huskers!
dr_asfak

Post by dr_asfak »

Now much development has done after 0.2.9 and but still we are somewhat behind 0.3 goals, we should better go for intermediate version of 0.2.10. The reason are :

1) Eveyone has higher expectations from 0.3, but as discussed earlier there are many task to be completed. Our developer are trying hard for this and we wish them all the best.

2) Non-programmer like me would like to test as many applications on latest stable version. Current SVN builds are very unstable (i have tried few).

3) Maybe students at Google Summer of Code would always prefer newer version
Ged
Developer

Re: 0.2.10

Post by Ged »

dr_asfak wrote:Now much development has done after 0.2.9 and but still we are somewhat behind 0.3 goals, we should better go for intermediate version of 0.2.10
We are very close to 0.3.0, there is only 1 remaining job which is the ncpa, then we need some heavy bug testing.
We won't be doing another 0.2.* release.