[FANTASY] is possible ReactOS on x86_64 smartphones?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Julcar

[FANTASY] is possible ReactOS on x86_64 smartphones?

Post by Julcar »

some days ago I got curiosity about the Intel processors for smartphones and tablets, well I found this baby:

https://www.gearbest.com/promotion-leag ... -1775.html

it uses an intel x86_64 processor, which of course, requires an android x86 version to run, I was wondering (and dreaming) about if is possible, maybe in the far far future, a phone where anyone could install ReactOS, without the needing of porting it to ARM arch (something that seems more difficult these days)
Adcock

Re: [FANTASY] is possible ReactOS on x86_64 smartphones?

Post by Adcock »

Why not?
If ReactOS learns to fly in next 5 years then "Canonical Ltd" might find it interesting.
Who knows SteamOS based on ReactOS!
Maybe we will form Julcar Industries.
There is EXCEED INDUSTRIES already.
An alliance of these and another guy who wants to make a fortune selling ReactOS compatibles.
Wow! ;)
ReactOS has 90% market share.
Gentlemen, I say it's possible.
What I don't know is how long it would take. 8-)
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

I think this would require UEFI bootloader.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

In the far future? You need to be more specific. Is that after the apocalypse or before?

You should really put this question to the Supreme Council or the High Council of Time Lords that which was/is/will be the governing body of the Time Lords on Gallifrey, this is the ReactOS forum and we can only deal with the present, potential near future or near past.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

[ external image ]

At that time ^^

Hopefully not at that one though:

[ external image ]

Anyways... I wondered about the same in the past if you can install Windows on a x86/amd64 mobile. Short answer: NOPE, long answer: If you make your own EFI or Legacy supportive loader to get it to boot... YES.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Are you aware that Android on x86 also boots using UEFI? These devices are viable targets for ReactOS mobile too.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Are you aware that noone uses the Andoird PC port on mobile devices?! Asus and the others with x86_64 arch devices use their own ways which are NOT UEFI supportive
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...