Nightly build ISOs?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

512dev

Nightly build ISOs?

Post by 512dev »

Where can I download the nightly ISOs? It seems like the SVN is back and development is continuing, but svn.reactos.org/iso does not work :-(

Thanks,

Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: Nightly build ISOs?

Post by Jaix »

512dev wrote:Where can I download the nightly ISOs? It seems like the SVN is back and development is continuing, but svn.reactos.org/iso does not work :-(

Thanks,
I'm sorry, but you can't, the reason is that is now recides on a Linux not a windows machine so the compilation isn't working the sama way anymore, perhaps in the future though.

I would encourage you and others in your position to download the ReactBuildEnvironment http://blight.reactos.at/reactos-be/Rea ... -3.4.2.exe
install it and then download TorsieSVN http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html and follow the instructions about this here: (written by the twotailed fox except for correction to the new svn)
You first need a working copy of the ReactOS SVN source code. Now, the ReactOS Wiki lists a command-line tool for SVN, but I prefer TortoiseSVN. Very user friendly, and capable of complicated things, like making patches, and making diffs. Mind you, this is for Windows, I'm not really experienced enough to detail compilation on Linux, BSD, or Mac OS. However, such information is present on the ReactOS Wiki for Linux and FreeBSD. But, it should be noted, that this is designed foe Amateurs. If you're experienced enough to know how to run a copy of Linux or BSD, it's generally granted you should know how to set up a build environment. ;)

When Checking Out the code, the only directories you'll be really interested in reside in /trunk. The first thing you'll want to do is choose a nice, vacant space on a drive with preferably a large amount of free space. Create a Folder called 'ReactOS', and then make a subfolder called 'Trunk'. At this point, TortoiseSVN should be installed.

Right click on 'Trunk', and select 'Checkout', from the SVN Submenu. Input svn://svn.reactos.ru/reactos/trunk as the desired location. Note that it is now .ru, not .org. Now, it will begin collecting all the source code in the Trunk.

Now, you'll need a way to continually get updates as changes are uploaded to SVN. This comes in the form of SVN update. Again, right-click on "Trunk", and select SVN Update directly from the menu. It will then scan for changes made since the revision you have, and download them.
After this (and the restart needed) it is just to start a commandprompt in the \trunk\reactos folder and type make bootcd and wait for 30 minutes and you got your fresh iso in that folder that you have made yourself!
Good luck! It is really simple!

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I have uploaded an SVN ISO. Its quite new. (Made it today)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/reimerdaniel/ReactOS.7z
Have fun :)
Last edited by EmuandCo on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cool Dude 2k

make with warnings

Post by Cool Dude 2k »

Code: Select all

[CC]       tools\wrc\dumpres.c
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_lvc':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:206: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:211: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_control':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:540: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:546: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:549: warning: long int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_dialog':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:580: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:587: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_dialogex':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:630: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:636: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:639: warning: long int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_menu_item':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:686: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 3)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c: In function `dump_menuex_item':
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:735: warning: long int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:737: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:752: warning: long int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
tools\wrc\dumpres.c:754: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (ar
g 2)
[CC]       tools\wrc\genres.c
[CC]       tools\wrc\newstruc.c
tools\wrc\newstruc.c: In function `convert_bitmap':
tools\wrc\newstruc.c:331: warning: long int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
tools\wrc\newstruc.c: In function `new_messagetable':
tools\wrc\newstruc.c:1048: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (
arg 3)
tools\wrc\newstruc.c:1056: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (
arg 2)
tools\wrc\newstruc.c:1101: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (
arg 3)
tools\wrc\newstruc.c:1109: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (
arg 2)
I got some warnings when I trying to make it.
Its still being made but is it ok if warnings show up or will it not be able to make the iso? :?

Stead

Post by Stead »

hrm i tried it and it stoppped with this at the end

[GENDIB]   subsystems\win32\win32k\dib\dib32gen.c
[RBUILD]   makefile.auto
Reading build files...done
ExecuteInvocations
Detecting compiler...detected (gcc)
Detecting binutils...detected (ld)
Detecting netwide assembler...detected (nasmw)
Detecting compiler -pipe support...detected
Detecting compiler pre-compiled header support...detected
Processing modules...done
Creating directories...done
Unpacking WINE resources...Processing failed: No such file or directory
Failed to execute 'output-i386\tools\bin2res\bin2res.exe -b dll\directx\ddraw -f
 -x dll\directx\ddraw\devenum.rc' (exit code 1)
mingw32-make: *** [makefile.auto] Error 1
thought it seemed to simple? i followed the instructions, as was said, except for changed make to 'mingw32-make bootcd' as it told me make didn't exist.

and i was hoping to tryi t on real hardware! ah well...*waits patiently for next release*

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Your Problem was fixed a few minutes ago. Update your SVN Tree and try again. Warnings are OK, Errors not.

Stead

Post by Stead »

running it now, seems to be working okay :)

*edit*

hrmm after coming back it says

File does not exist: output-i386\dll\win32\devenum\devenum.dll.
Directive file contains errors at line 150.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [bootcd] Error 1

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Up to date Daily ISO. Have fun :wink:
Last edited by EmuandCo on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jaix
Moderator Team

mingw32-make clean

Post by Jaix »

Stead wrote:running it now, seems to be working okay :)

*edit*

hrmm after coming back it says

File does not exist: output-i386\dll\win32\devenum\devenum.dll.
Directive file contains errors at line 150.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [bootcd] Error 1
Try this:
Update the svn
mingw32-make clean
mingw32-make bootcd

roytam1

Post by roytam1 »

EmuandCo wrote:http://mitglied.lycos.de/reimerdaniel/R ... -r21221.7z

Up to date Daily ISO. Have fun :wink:
Where's the ISO of today? :)

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I'll update tomorrow. :wink:

Stead

Post by Stead »

ops, forgot to say, yes, works fine now :)

and thanks for the guide! i tried to figure it out on my own (but that was a while ago and i got confused :? ), but the program i had downloaded seemed much more complicated, i think its great with its explorer intergergration!

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Alright, Uploading 2 new ISOs right now.

Made several Changes in my way of compiling them:

- Accidenly optimized them for AthlonXP CPUs before. This is fixed back to standard optimize now.

- Used the official RosBE before. This one is verry outdated and uses GCC 3.4.2. I updated to the newest official MingW components and GCC 3.4.5. This should slightly speed up ReactOS and improve stability, too.

Now to the fact that I'm uploading 2 ISOs:
First one is the official r21228 SVN Tree compiled as bootcd, just made like all ISOs before.

The second one is the same SVN Tree, but not with the Standard Explorer made by Michael Fritscher. This ISO has his new lean Explorer included. It's a bit buggy, but nice to watch at.

I will add the Links to the new ISOs as soon as they are on my Webspace.

roytam1

Post by roytam1 »

EmuandCo wrote:Alright, Uploading 2 new ISOs right now.

Made several Changes in my way of compiling them:

- Accidenly optimized them for AthlonXP CPUs before. This is fixed back to standard optimize now.

- Used the official RosBE before. This one is verry outdated and uses GCC 3.4.2. I updated to the newest official MingW components and GCC 3.4.5. This should slightly speed up ReactOS and improve stability, too.

Now to the fact that I'm uploading 2 ISOs:
First one is the official r21228 SVN Tree compiled as bootcd, just made like all ISOs before.

The second one is the same SVN Tree, but not with the Standard Explorer made by Michael Fritscher. This ISO has his new lean Explorer included. It's a bit buggy, but nice to watch at.

I will add the Links to the new ISOs as soon as they are on my Webspace.
Thanks for your effort!

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

No problem. This is my way to help the project. I can't help in coding, so I'll help otherwise.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/reimerdaniel/R ... xplorer.7z

Have fun
Last edited by EmuandCo on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.