.net in reactos

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Craftkiller

.net in reactos

Post by Craftkiller »

I am not an advanced developer so I am in the more higher languages like visual c# and I was wondering if the .net framework is/will work(ing) on reactos so I can use my programs on reactos.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Not as far I I know.

Mono is marked for Windows 2000+ Ok Reactos is not there as far as I know.

Pnet. Another .net framework I guess has never been tested on ROS.

Ok someone has to test it. c# Ok that is somewhere between C and C++. So learning C or C++ is only a minor step up.

In time .net will work. But it still need testers to find the errors and report them.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

A quick search would reveal mono does run in ReactOS.

One of the core mono developers has had it running.
Craftkiller

Post by Craftkiller »

thank you this was helpful
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

ged wrote:A quick search would reveal mono does run in ReactOS.

im sorry to sound noobish xD
does it mean that we could develop in mono and then use those programs in ROS? or isnt mono completely useable in ROS for us, the ppl with lower coding skill...
:D
-graey-
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

I wouldn't let the fact that Mono only barely works stop you from making programs for ReactOS. In the meantime, you could use them in Windows while testing them in ReactOS, then submit bugs to the ReactOS and Mono teams. I remember seeing a post (and the subsequent argument about it's validity) from a Mono developer stating his and the Mono team's desire to get Mono working on ReactOS, so if it's true, they would probably like to hear any bugs you find.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Sirmatto wrote:I remember seeing a post (and the subsequent argument about it's validity) from a Mono developer stating his and the Mono team's desire to get Mono working on ReactOS, so if it's true, they would probably like to hear any bugs you find.
It's the other way round. We should be getting ReactOS to run mono.

If it works on Windows, it should work on ROS. If it doesn't, it's our fault and we need to fix it.
BrandonTurner
Developer

Post by BrandonTurner »

ged wrote:A quick search would reveal mono does run in ReactOS.

Chris had it work with many screen shots. I was also able to install it on vanilla ROS a few months back when Chris was working with it.