Anyone tested Open Watcom C Compiler?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MugenFighter

Anyone tested Open Watcom C Compiler?

Post by MugenFighter »

Has anyone tested the Open Watcom C compiler (DOS and Windows) in ReactOS?

I ask because I am in the process of making a concept for a GPLv3 open source game that I want to port to both FreeDOS and ReactOS, and I want it to be able to compile on both OSes. So if you tested it I would like to know any errors or glitches that were on ReactOS's part that you may have seen while testing it.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.

middings

Re: Anyone tested Open Watcom C Compiler?

Post by middings »

Last edited by middings on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Thanks I forgot about Jira, sorry. I took a long break from ReactOS before finally deciding to check it out again. Again, sorry.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.

JHKr0md1yk

Post by JHKr0md1yk »

MugenFighter wrote:Has anyone tested the Open Watcom C compiler (DOS and Windows) in ReactOS?

I ask because I am in the process of making a concept for a GPLv3 open source game that I want to port to both FreeDOS and ReactOS, and I want it to be able to compile on both OSes. So if you tested it I would like to know any errors or glitches that were on ReactOS's part that you may have seen while testing it.
If you want to go with the Open Watcom C compiler toolchain you might wanna swap out the WASM backend with HJWASM. Development and/or maintenance on WASM may have stalled while HJWASM is seeing active development, per github history.