Questions about donating

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ROCKNROLLKID

Questions about donating

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Hello ReactOS.

I really like what you guys are doing here, but I just have some questions about donating to ReactOS.

1. I see you have a 2016 fundraiser, but let's just say you didn't meet your goal. What will happen then? Will you just move it into 2017 and continue from there?

2. How come when I try to download ReactOS, it pops up with the donations saying you are only 1% towards your fundraiser goal, but when I go to the donation page, it says your 5%? This is a bit confusing for me (maybe others, too?).

3. I would like to buy some stuff from your shop (specifically, maybe a mouse pad and a t-shirt), but why is everything so pricey? I don't mean to sound rude when I say this and I get you guys are trying to raise money and all, but these items are pretty overpriced in my opinion and is not really going to help you raise money any faster (not to mention, since I live in the USA, it is even more money here). Also, does all the money go towards ReactOS in the shop or does a certain cut go to some company for like giving you the materials to make the items?

4. Can I suggest a item to add to the shop? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing one of those reusable shopping bags that you can buy from the stores, I believe they call them green bags (at least that is what they are called where I live).
ROCKNROLLKID

Re: Questions about donating

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Yesterday, I got some money, and I am willing to donate or buy some items from the shop here at ReactOS, but I would appreciate if I could get these questions answered before I do so.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
i think you are better to go on to irc and ask
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

I have been trying to get onto their IRC for 2 days now, but every time I try to go to the IRC on the homepage, nothing happens. Is there a special way I need to connect with?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Hmm, strange. Just tried and I can easily connect and write stuff to chatroom #reactos
WHats happening for you?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Nothing happens at all. See here: https://snag.gy/nFU8H5.jpg

I have javascript enabled and I am on VLC Player (tried flash player, too, but that didn't work either). I am on a Waterfox browser.

I also tried joining the other channels on the bottom, but same thing, nothing loads for me.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Try another browser. If none is available, try Internet Explorer or Edge.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Firefox didn't work for me either, but Chromium did. Wonder why Chromium did and Firefox didn't? Anyways, thanks for the help.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

It could be related with caching or 3rd party extension as adblocker. I will check however if I can replicate it.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

On Waterfox, I only have uBlock Origin, but I tried with it disabled and still no results. On Firefox, I don't have any extensions installed. They both pretty much have default settings, too.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Wow pretty odd.
It is basically an iframe loading a javascript from kiwiirc.org
Does this work for you? https://kiwiirc.com/client
If it doesn't load for you, please tell me and I will try contacting them.
Thanks!
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Yes, that link works for me and I can connect to that IRC.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Then no idea. I will recheck permissions.
Btw dontions are off because the donation module will be finally disabled..it is not working properly(another Erupal extension that was totally broken) so hence the wrong numbers. I will try to fix it creating our own module.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Let us know when it is back up.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote:Let us know when it is back up.
What I mean is that you can make donations, but numbers are not updated. Your donations will be updated in the Donors list :) https://www.reactos.org/donors