67 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: 54 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Post by EmuandCo »

You think wrong here, blondie (Saying that German == arian? I hope NOT!)^^ We all set this up for SPAM bots and not especially for you. You are not sooo important in this world as you think. Sad, but true ^^ And now feel free to go on with it and you are a goner again... skilled with ARM arch OR NOT!

PS btw... Threads of newbs are locked to be safe of SPAM bots, too and not to make you and YOU ALONE not being able to hide how bad mannered you are ^^

PPS I can't ban myself. You need to find someone else thinking I do wrong to ban me.

PPPS Too late to tell you about our reporting system we have? Even PM insulting others can be reported to mods and causes a ban. So good luck with your manners to survive here. ARM skills are no green card to be a aggressive choleric. And everyone here will agree with that.

*sigh* lucky me you are way too narcissistic together with choleric to hide who you are next time and I can ban you again quickly. ^^ You are and were one of the ppl where my conscience least told me that I should not have had banned as consequence. Even some spam bots cause me more trouble to ban. Proud of it? I think so, but still hope not.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Feeling sorry for you Emuandco that you have to deal with this/these buffoons. What the hell is it with this thread that attracts the t0ssp0ts wanting to spout off all the time? They are poisoning the thread with their buffoonery.

Isn't there another honeypot we can create that can attract them instead? :)

PS. Reading the other thread I see it is the same self-important person with an unfortunate negative streak. Thankyou for dealing with it. I suggest we'll be better off without him.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

We must assert communism on them. (Hoping you are Russian from prev post Emuandco)
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

mrmajik45 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 pm We must assert communism on them. (Hoping you are Russian from prev post Emuandco)
You cannot be more wrong on that :lol: :lol:
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

hbelusca wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 pm You cannot be more wrong on that :lol: :lol:
So true :twisted:

Anyways, how about some back to topic? Some more posts and we need a split off topic for anthracen v.2 alone.

50+ reasons for ROS... how about a search function that really WORKS? The last one doing a semi good job was the one in Windows 98 IMO. Anything after that was useless and caused more mess than useful results. Every free search engine for WIndows you can find (Like the two we have in RAPPS) is way faster and that without some strange service doing some useless indexing.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

EmuandCo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 pm
50+ reasons for ROS... how about a search function that really WORKS? The last one doing a semi good job was the one in Windows 98 IMO. Anything after that was useless and caused more mess than useful results. Every free search engine for WIndows you can find (Like the two we have in RAPPS) is way faster and that without some strange service doing some useless indexing.
Yes, we mentioned that in the other thread at length but I didn't carry it over here as I forgot. I'll add it.

55. ReactOS being compatible with Windows 2003 will implement a non-indexed search facility that includes date ranges, sub-folders &c that also highlights what folder is currently being searched.

Added.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Re: 56 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Post by dizt3mp3r »

56. ReactOS being compatible with Windows 2003 will not implement a "file discovery" phase prior to copying/deletion/moving operations on folders containing thousands of files/sub-folders, avoiding the problem where an operation does not start due to the sheer volume of files being 'discovered'.

Added.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

File discovery is a side effect of scheduled shadow copy task.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

erkinalp wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 pm File discovery is a side effect of scheduled shadow copy task.
Or not.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

erkinalp wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 pm File discovery is a side effect of scheduled shadow copy task.
Well, possibly but it also potentially occurs on any NT6 system whether shadowed or not when there is a multi-folder tree structure with tens of thousands of files below then the discovery phase can take so long that the system never even starts the copy, it is a well-known problem since Vista. It is accompanied by the dreaded green bar...
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

That does not occur if you call copy from cmd.exe, PowerShell, or using API. Only happens if you call it from explorer.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

erkinalp wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 am That does not occur if you call copy from cmd.exe, PowerShell, or using API. Only happens if you call it from explorer.
Yes I am sure we all know that. We're not here to discuss the finer points of why /how /where something happens as this isn't a general technical discussion of how a specific limitation limits NT6 systems in all ways, there is another thread for that -
https://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=75
This thread is just a list with a brief explanation and so that item stays.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

57. ReactOS being compatible with Windows 2003 will return the ability to adjust sound output to mono/stereo, allow adjustment of volume per speaker/channel and restore sound broadcast to multiple end points.

Added.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 pm Yes I am sure we all know that. We're not here to discuss the finer points of why /how /where something happens as this isn't a general technical discussion of how a specific limitation limits NT6 systems in all ways, there is another thread for that -
https://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=75
This thread is just a list with a brief explanation and so that item stays.
Well, that thread is not really for that either. I could start a more appropriate one, as that thread is for what we don't want from newer Windows. Some of this is what we don't want from older Windows or from any Windows version.

Regarding this specific issue in regards to the thread at hand, one would be free to modify Windows to do it another way, even if it means a hack such as asking the user if they'd rather XCopy be called instead. "This is a rather large folder, would you prefer that XCopy do this instead? (Yes) (No)"
erkinalp

60th specific reason for wanting ReactOS:

Post by erkinalp »

58. ReactOS will not suddenly deactivate like Windows does just because it missed a phone home.
59. Atom looks cooler than flat-design windows.
60. Unlike Microsoft, ReactOS team will not have to reverse engineer Linux to implement WSL-like functionality. Instead, they will be able to use Linux source code directly.