Plugin-api how in Total Comm. but for System, Network, .....

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

Plugin-api how in Total Comm. but for System, Network, .....

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy,

a new idea... a pluginapi for integrating Packer, Networkthink's, Listers, Filesystem, Registry
and other.. in Reactos for enabling tools total integrating in the System and enable write
manny thinks as plugin to the System.... equivalent to Christian Ghislers Total Commander
but integrating fully in System of Reactos... enabling easy way to scripting plugins.... it's a idea.. isnt it ?

By Network think i am on NFS, SFtp, all on Network...alla
"nfs://" "sftp://" to mounting it as network-drive... "smb://" Samba iss comming...
you now what i mean?....

By Filesystem, Buring, crypting, autoenabling all packers to go into them and others..
Iso-mounting how in Deamontools but easyer... Large Zip mounting as RW FS-Drive..., Ext2/3,-addon, Reiserfs-addon,div. Filesystems-addons.....

By System, a Tweaker for Regestry, Enabling/Disabling Visual and System Effects, uxthemes.dll and more..

simply said, a easy way to write Sysemaddons ... that one does not have to buy
specially expensive software to write easy, crasy and very good system addons.. ;)

regards Blacky
menn

Post by menn »

don't flame me here, but how similar would it be to wscript in win98 or to vbscript? would it be on by default? would it need to be on by default?
FOSS="MY Computer"
drm="NOT My Computer" http://eff.org
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy Menn,

no no, no prob ...

eehhmm, dou you now, what's the Total Commander of Christian ?

eehhmm.. similar to vb and wscript.. oeehhmm.. no, vb is a scripting language and
wscript i think same.. , no, i mean a enabeling to creating snapins/plugins
who fully integrating in the System.
Try Total Commander..( http://ghisler.com/ ) it's a fully running Shareware and try the plugins by
Christians Webpage or on http://www.totalcmd.net/ .. and u see what i mean..

p.s.: TC is running in Linux/Wine fine ;)

regards
Blacky
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

Blackcrack wrote:p.s.: TC is running in Linux/Wine fine ;)

regards
Blacky
TC installs and runs on ReactOS also, but it lacks some icons, but works good. It's the esiest way that I know of to copy move and delete files in ROS right now.
PS. FreeCommander also works well.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy Jaix,

but TC have a bigger community ;)

Freecommander look nice(i have try it), but not so multifuntion how TC with hundred of plugins :)
25$ for this grate TC Admin-Tool isnt not manny(i have buy it), oky, let it, no, i had mean, the mutifuntions
of theres plugins.. inside of the TC (was formaly Windows Commander but
MS wrote Christian he mus take a other name :\ ) chris is try Reactos too and test it
him TC in reactos, he have a eye on it :)

Humm, my think is to give Reactos a multifuntion-api oder more as one api for Plugins, direcktly
in the System integrating... that's it...what i mean...no advertisement for the TC,
no, I took it as example ;)

regards
Blacky
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

There is no need for such an API, because it's there already (or in the making). There is an Interface for File System Drivers (IFS) and there is an Interface for Redirectos (Which allows to implement Network file system drivers such as SMB/CIFS or NFS). I told you this already in the german forum, though.
Also, the primary target of ReactOS is that it should be compatible with Windows, e.g. it should run most windows applications and drivers. There's no point in adding more features as long as the base functions, such as TCP/IP and USB, don't work.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Sorry Jaix, if i speak so hard....
and i had use a tranzlater, my english isn't so good..

Hy Matthias...

Hey buddy, you must make also everything bad and obstruct. bah, leaves and lets others try which on build and does not strike always against it, if you liked to spread negative, then where differently and. leave the people new ideas not here to state, leave the flowers to grow, but do not step on it.., there are you here wrongly at the place...
does not try to think destructively try think constructionally. If you which does not fit,
then let the Developer speak, know which it to make to want and which not.

Be frendly, dont be not frendly...

in german you Motherlang:

Hey Kumpel, du musst auch alles schlecht machen und behindern.. bah, geh weg und lass andere versuchen was auf zu bauen und schlage nicht immer dagegen, wenn du negative verbreiten möchtest, dann wo anders und nicht hier.. lass die leute neue ideen vorbringen, lass die blumen wachsen, aber trete nicht drauf.. denn, da bist du hier fehl am platz...versuche konstruktiv zu denken nicht destruktiv. Wenn dir was nicht passt, dann lass die Developer sprechen, die wissen was sie machen wollen und was nicht..

sei freundlich zu den Leuten, nicht unfreundlich..

regards
Blacky

p.s.: Jaix, if u want delet there two post, del it..
loki1985

Post by loki1985 »

@Blackcrack: essentially speaking, such a thing is allready existent. it is called WinAPI.

in detail it is THE API and not such a special API, but it enables in one way or another the use of such functions.

Matthias is completely right, what does an OS do good if there are 100 plugins and stuff, but you cannot use your scanner driver, your graphics accellerator, your TV card etc? mostly, nothing.

your idea is not bad, but this is IMO an idea which can be looked at when ROS 0.9 or 1.0 is there. and not at this time, definitely.

and as much as you seem to enjoy presenting such ideas, i think no developer will jump up and start coding such a system in a stage of ROS like this.

btw: the idea is not very new. others came with such ideas, already. at the very wrong time.

//EDIT: ach so, und du verwechselst hier kritik mit unfreundlichkeit.... gaaanz schlecht. und komm mal von der emotionalen schiene runter, das hat hier nix zu suchen.
wenn dir einer professionell klar antwortet und du ihm dann "schlechtmacherei" unterschiebst, dann hast du noch einiges im umgang mit menschen zu lernen.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hy Loki,

humm.. 1. i had speak with matthias on the german Forum...
and then he brake there on.. and the 2.nd the beat make the
music, if u now what i mean... ;)

man babbelt nich woanders rein, wenn man scho die selbe diskusion im "eigenen"
board hat bez. ne eigene Disk. hat mich het's gefreut, wenn ich von Jaix noch ne antwort bekommen haette und zwar genau diese die du mir gegeben hast..
nice idea, but not in this time, later.. it's comming in the wisshlist oder so...

but, we have here a english forum ;)
i have enoug wrote about this idea.. and i think about.. if i get more ideas or not,
if comming so crabs or craps and...urgh.. in a speak on....

nice regards
Blacky
menn

Post by menn »

thanks i really appreciate your reply. i have seen totalcommander in someone's ros screenshot on here somewhere, maybe one if yours. imo if it runs on linux it can't be that bad. okay, i'm done- anyway thanks.
FOSS="MY Computer"
drm="NOT My Computer" http://eff.org
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Blackcrack, I'm not being destructive. I just don't think it's sensible to implement stuff twice, because the developer resources are already limited enough. There is an API for file system drivers and one for network drivers. There is just no need for another one!