Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Which one?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Choice 1
12
60%
Choice 2
8
40%
 
Total votes: 20

Black_Fox
Posts: 1584
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Czechia

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by Black_Fox » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:23 pm

eersoy93 wrote:I can't see these icons.
Does http://www.imgur.com work for you at all?

hp38guser
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:03 am

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by hp38guser » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 am

I can hardly see the difference between icon 1 and icon 3. I think most people who voted for icon 1 are also fine with icon 3.

Icon 2 looks indeed a bit like the Dolby Surround logo, that's why I did not vote for it. Icon 2 also has some similarity with a somewhat mixed pause play button.

I think that all the suggested icons are still better than the one that comes with Windows XP. I dislike that one.

WorldBlender
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 am

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by WorldBlender » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:36 am

Hey! I bet that my efforts on porting some of those GNOME icons are acutually being put to use! :D If those icons really did come from my pack I uploaded about a year ago, [forum post here], then maybe I might like some credit...(at least my real name in the credits).

middings
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by middings » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:42 am

hp38guser wrote:I can hardly see the difference between icon 1 and icon 3.
I had difficulty noticing the difference between icons 1 and 3. Pi_User5's remark, "the speaker icon from Gnome has that glow on it" helped me notice the difference. Icon 1 seems to reflect a bright light located above the image. Icon 3 does not.

hbelusca
Developer
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by hbelusca » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:02 am

middings wrote:
hp38guser wrote:I can hardly see the difference between icon 1 and icon 3.
I had difficulty noticing the difference between icons 1 and 3. Pi_User5's remark, "the speaker icon from Gnome has that glow on it" helped me notice the difference. Icon 1 seems to reflect a bright light located above the image. Icon 3 does not.
And icon 3 doesn't have glowing blue waves.

Pi_User5
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 am
Location: United States

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by Pi_User5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:47 pm

I removed the glow because it's distracting and very few Tango icons have a glow.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

Image

eersoy93
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: Turkey
Contact:

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by eersoy93 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Black_Fox wrote:
eersoy93 wrote:I can't see these icons.
Does http://www.imgur.com work for you at all?
No!
Turkish translator of ReactOS.

Pi_User5
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 am
Location: United States

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by Pi_User5 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:40 pm

So which icon should I use? 1, 2 or 3? I'm going to use icon 3 if there are no responses.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

Image

Swyter
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 am
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by Swyter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 pm

I like the third one. You are right about the blue gradient, when used with a non-solid theme like Luna or Lautus it does not look quite right.
The shape of the GNOME icon is a bit more realistic while still retaining some influence from the one in the Tango set (*), which I find too simple.

--
(*) Which was a precursor for most of the free/libre/Linux icons of today.
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.

Pi_User5
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 am
Location: United States

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by Pi_User5 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Swyter wrote:I like the third one. You are right about the blue gradient, when used with a non-solid theme like Luna or Lautus it does not look quite right.
The shape of the GNOME icon is a bit more realistic while still retaining some influence from the one in the Tango set (*), which I find too simple.

--
(*) Which was a precursor for most of the free/libre/Linux icons of today.
Alright. Icon 3 it is :).
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

Image

middings
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Poll: New Tango Volume Icon

Post by middings » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:40 am

eersoy93 wrote:I can't see these icons.
I had a similar problem in the topic, [Poll] New welcome.exe title.bmp picture. I never did resolve that problem but I do see the images in this topic.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests