General Testing for ReactOS 0.4.0

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

General Testing for ReactOS 0.4.0

Post by Z98 »

We are in theory approaching the release of 0.4.0 and an RC was put up a while ago. Said RC upload actually blindsided a couple of us so it was not put in the regular place, nor did we actually notify the wider community. Miscommunications happen. Anyway, the tests for 0.4.0 can be found here: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.0 and the ISO for the RC here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download

Happy testing.
middings

Re: General Testing for ReactOS 0.4.0

Post by middings »

When I followed the link http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download the download did not begin as I expected. Instead, the message "The page failed to include the DR_mirror_list!" appeared.

I ended up going to this page, http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... tOS/0.4.0/, and selecting the file ReactOS-0.4.0RC1-iso.7z from that page in order to start the download. Sourceforge then selected its preferred mirror for my location and started the download.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Unfortunally I think many do not see these pinned topics. It certainly doesn't help that there are quite a few of them.
I've missed them in the past because I'm so used to just scrolling past them to get to the new (not stickied ones).
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

What about to delete the sticky "Let's reacht 1000" thread ?

It's outdated...
NegativeSpace

Post by NegativeSpace »

Apologies for asking such a newbie question, but how would one submit updates to which programs are currently working under ReactOS and which ones are not in the Release Candidate. I just found out about ReactOS, and I would be willing to test the programs I use on a regular basis, as well as my Steam library in a ReactOS VM (and possibly on real hardware, if I can find one of my old CD-ROM disks). I've just downloaded the RC1 version of ReactOS, so I don't know about it, but I can confirm that in the latest nightly build, Inkscape (32 bit version, I'll try the 64 bit version later) will install perfectly fine, but will not run. I'll try to test the rest of the programs I use (that aren't on the list) in the morning.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

For the current 0.4.0 release candidate - you can use the https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.0 wiki page (as written in the first post). Currently all Downloader-based apps seem to be tested, but there is still "Stuff not on the Downloader list" section with many empty fields.
To update the wiki page, just log onto the reactos.org page and you'll be automatically logged into the wiki as well :-) If you're already logged to the main page, forums etc and still unable to edit wiki, try relogging.
NegativeSpace

Post by NegativeSpace »

Ah, okay. I've never actually contributed to a Wiki before, so I wasn't sure if there was a separate page where we report programs as not working. I'm currently installing the Release Candidate on another VM, and will be starting my tests shortly after installation. It will probably be at least a couple of days before I can test it on real hardware, as I'll need to make backups of the hardware I'll be testing on (which is admittedly something I should do more often).
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

Don't forget to use the "EPIC WIN" thread for positive new testing results.

Please put in this thread only screenshots from new working programms, and all the info about it (e.g. installer works, some graphic glitches, usw.) No discussion in this thread.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Note that while there is now an RC2, it's primarily there for sanity-checking the recent merges. We will not be requesting another round of intensive testing at this point.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I think the "change 2015 into 2016" commit isn't merged yet because the boot bitmap still has timestamp "(c) 1996-2015" in it.

EDIT: Yay for Amine! \o/
Last edited by Black_Fox on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Now merged!
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Merged in r70613 ;)
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Glorious 0.4.0 is released! :-) This no longer needs to be pinned.